Chapter 6 - Longing

The rest of practice was crazy. It was like Himari was on a whole other planet; she was either playing too slowly or too quickly. Her brain was all over the place, contaminated with thoughts of her kiss with Tomoe. She then relieved the memory: Tomoe's bold gaze, the softness of her hands, the way Tomoe held her... she felt like a princess in Tomoe's arms. She longed for more.

"Uugghh, I can't do it..." Himari remarked.

"Maybe we should just go home for today." Ran suggested. "It's clear that we'll get nothing done if we keep practicing in this state."

The other members nodded in response. Himari felt bad that her actions meant cancelling practice early, but she couldn't focus for the life her. Her mind kept screaming for Tomoe, and although at first she thought nothing much of it, she kept reminiscing their kiss.

Himari apologised, and everyone comforted her in response.

"Right Moca, I believe we were going to get some ramen together?" A small smile tugged at Ran's cheeks as Tomoe gave her a knowing grin.

Moca beamed. "Cya guys later~! Moca-Chan actually has a hot date now~!"

Moca pulled Ran along and out of the studio door, giggling playfully.

Himari was left to wonder about what that ordeal was all about. Her mind then flicked back to the 'Pocky Game' for what must have been the 100th time, and she blushed feverishly.

Could it be? Moca likes Ran? And... they're dating? Himari was lost in though, trying to piece the puzzle together.

She then realised the warm presence of hands on her shoulders.

"Ah! Tomoe~!" Himari gasped in response.

Tsugumi smiled softly. "Nope. Tsugumi. Are you alright? You've been very distant."

"It's not fair... everyone's in a relationship but me..." Himari whined.

"Well, I'm not in a relationship! It's alright! The right person will come along eventually!" Tomoe grinned, trying to ignore her subtle hinting. "You're wonderful, you'll find someone easily!"

"Awe, thank you Tomoe..." Himari giggled. She then scolded herself for giggling in that sexualized manner, but was a bit confused with that statement in general. Did Tomoe really mean that? She felt herself blush.

"Well, I'll be going now!" Tsugumi waved the other two goodbye before leaving CiRCLE.

Needless to say, the romantic tension between Tomoe and Himari was very high. Tomoe was, however, better at concealing it than Himari. Himari was stunned that Tomoe still had that cool, bold tone to her after all that. Then again, Himari was admittedly a hopeless romantic.

"What was all that earlier?" Tomoe asked. "When you kept calling everyone Tomoe."

"Ah! Nothing!" Himari fidgeted.

Tomoe chuckled. "If you say so..."

Tomoe was awe-struck at how flustered Himari was from the 'Pocky Game', but it was a cute trait of Himari's that made Tomoe warm all over.

"So... are you going now Himari?" Tomoe asked.

Himari shook her head. "I need to practice our new song."

"Mind if I join you?" Tomoe asked. "Or should I just go home, if that's easier for-?"

Tomoe gasped as Himari wrapped her in a warm embrace. Himari whispered, "Tomoe... I want you to stay with me. Don't leave me, please."

Himari recieved a light kiss on her forehead, causing her to turn strawberry red.

Tomoe smiled sweetly. "If that's what you want, I'll happily obey your request."

Tomoe was amazed she'd managed to keep her cool. Her heart was racing like a shuttle train.

"Tomoe... do that again..." Himari mumbled, flustered.

"W-what did you say?" Tomoe stuttered.

Himari squirmed a bit, realising what she had just requested. However, she didn't back down. "Do it again..."

"Huh?" Tomoe was clueless. Her mind had gone blank from the look in Himari's eyes. She'd never seen anything like it - a sparkly, slightly cloudy tone. Himari definitely wasn't herself.

"You know..." Himari fidgeted. "Don't make me have to tell you~"

There was no way Himari was thinking straight. Her thoughts were suddenly impossible to read. Tomoe wracked her brain, trying to think. Her mind was then bought back to the impulse kiss she had given Himari.

She then chuckled nervously. "Ah... ahaha, the forehead kiss? Sorry if that wasn't okay! I, erm, I -"

Himari got closer to Tomoe, her arms resting on Tomoe's shoulders. She whispered. "Not that, silly."

Tomoe visibly blushed, surprised with Himari's current actions. Himari giggled, for this was the first time that she had seen Tomoe blush. This made Tomoe blush harder at the fact she was blushing. She wasn't used to the feeling - a warm, feverish, tingly sensation that crept up her body.

Himari felt like a woman possessed. She wasn't used to being able to control anyone, yet alone Tomoe. She had never felt like this in her life, not even around Kaoru.

"Himari..." Tomoe's face was inches away from Himari's. She then got reminded of her kiss earlier with her, and blushed even harder.

Himari exclaimed. "Here's a great idea: how about we play the 'Imaginary Pocky Game'?"

"Imaginary Pocky?" Tomoe was nervous, but she liked the way this sounded.

"You've never played it~? I guess not~" Himari giggled. "I'll have to teach you~"

Tomoe's heart leapt like a gazelle. Tomoe then touched Himari's beautifully soft lips. Himari somehow kept her composure.

"Now you're holding the imaginary pocky in your mouth." Tomoe guessed.

Himari shook her head. "It's even simpler than that. No pocky needed~"

Tomoe grinned widely. "Ah, I get it! You simply just..."

Tomoe held Himari closer. Himari smiled softly.

"Yes, Tomoe." Himari whispered in Tomoe's ear. "Just like that."

The feel of Himari's warm breath on her felt so comforting. Tomoe remained calm. "And then you..."

Himari gasped as Tomoe's lips connected with hers. Himari was lost. Another universe had opened up to her: one where Tomoe would cradle her for eternity and never let her go.

Tomoe was amazed, as this kiss was way better than the first, and that was saying something. She could feel Himari's emotions through the kiss, and it made Tomoe feel like she had ascended to Heaven.

When Himari finally released the kiss, she beamed. Tomoe grinned at her lover's smile.

It must be becuase I'm acting more like Kaoru-Senpai! Tomoe thought. Hit a home run with that idea!

"I... need to go now..." Himari giggled, breathless from the experience.

"I'll walk you home, my kitten~" Tomoe laughed.

As the two walked down the road, both of them realised how lucky they were to have each other. The sun was setting, blasting its glittering rays of hope in their direction. Tomoe and Himari were captivated.

"I guess this brings a different meaning to our sunset~" Himari beamed, before clutching Tomoe's hand.

"Yeah, it does." Tomoe agreed.

The last of the sunset illuminated the path they strolled down. They held hands, never wanting them to separate, but knowing that this moment couldn't last forever. But as the sun faded away and the stars shone brightly, they wished it could.