Chapter 3

"So we have a potential witness named Diana... perfect let's bring her in", states Chloe.

"She isn't who she seems Detective she's different from the rest. I think I should talk to her alone if you would please", answers Lucifer, running ahead of Chloe.

Chloe rushes to Lucifer and stops him before he could escape. "What's with you always being involved with these cases? How do you even know this person?"

"She may be the reason why I'm feeling this way. So I have to find her and get rid of this 'feeling'. Now if you excuse me detective..."

But before Lucifer could escape her clutches, she asks him: "What was the witness' name again?"  He turns to her, "Diana, why?"

"Oh my god.. that name it sounds strangely familiar. I think she may also be from my past."

"Now c'mon Detective stop trying to sound like me, no one from my past could ever be from yours, they're mostly evil."

"Lucifer you don't understand, way before you and I became 'partners' I had a partner named Diana. And she most defiantly wasn't your ordinary partner."

"When you say she wasn't ordinary do you mean in like a cosmic, comes straight out of the Bible way or..."

"No Lucifer I mean she was a teenager, seventeen years old to be precise."

Baffled, he turns to her. "A seventeen year old angel exists? Wait she probably is immortal at that point. When was the last time you saw her?"

Chloe paces the street thinking. "I don't know maybe five years? We were working on a case, she had to leave for an 'emergency' then out of nowhere she ended up in the hospital in a comma. And now she's here? Awake? And she cannot be an angel she should be in her early twenties."

"Why would the LAPD hire a teenager, let alone work with you.. no offense Detective."

She shoots daggers at him. "My last partner and I were in a rough spot and I wanted a new one. Diana was interning in New York City with the FBI because of her grades and other achievements so they stationed her here, with me. She was the only one who genuinely wanted to work with me. She kind of reminds me of you. She went for every case we did and she kinda had her way of getting information out of people. Kind of like how you do it with your... 'magic'."

"She asked them to reveal the truth to her", he says in almost a whisper.

"Yeah exactly, Lucifer how did you.."

"No time Detective we must face our past with this Diana at once. Why do we both know her? That is the question that must be answered. And maybe because of her, you will finally believe I am actually the devil himself."

Chloe rolls her eyes and with that they run off to the other side of the scene to where the witnesses are being held. They scan the crowd of witnesses until they stop to see a teenager of about seventeen with long, black hair and porcelain skin.

Lucifer calls out to her: "Diana... Diana sweetheart is that really you?"

The mysterious girl turns around, confusion comes across her face as a devishly handsome man and a beautiful blonde woman call out to her. Lucifer's eyes light up as Chloes fill with tears as they see her. He runs to her and hugs her with all is strength.

"Oh my Diana it is you! It's been so long! Who took you away from me?" Chloe then comes over to his side, seeing her long lost partner.

The mysterious girl then speaks. "I do love hugs, especially from a very attractive man but I hate to be the barrier of bad news but..."  She hesitates before she speaks again.

"Who are you?"