5

"Sadie!" Gavin's yell echoed down the street, bringing my feet to a stop.

I swung around to face him, watching and waiting as he stormed forward. "What are you doing, Gavin?"

"Me?" he huffed, half out of breath. "What the fuck are you doing walking out here alone!"

"Excuse me?" Who the hell did he think he was talking to! "I'm going home, and I'm sorry about earlier."

"You're walking home? Are you fucking kidding me?" His hand shot out, fingers wrapping around my arm to slow me down. "I'm not gonna let you walk home alone in the dark, especially after drinking."

He wasn't going to let me? Oh really. "Luckily, I don't need your permission. I'm fine alone; go back to your friends." I shook him off, continuing on my way.

But he charged up in front of me, body towering over mine, eyes black as the sky. "I'm walking you home, and I'm not asking—I'm telling!"

"Fine," I relented, waiting for him to step aside.

"Are you going to see him again?"

"Kirk?" Oh god. No, not like this, at least. "I'll see him at work."

"You know what I fucking mean." His arm brushed mine as we walked—that spark sizzling, heat surging.

"I don't know, probably not." It was the truth. If I saw Kirk again, it would only be to distract me from thinking about him... and his lips... and that kiss... and that spark.

"Good, and you don't need to be sorry about earlier."

"Yes, I do! It should have never happened." Kissing him was the last thing I thought would happen tonight, and I knew better than to step into quicksand.

"Why not?" His harsh tone mellowed, but he was still rigid, charging up the street beside me.

"Because you're in college, Gavin! And I'm... not!"

"I—" he started, but I swung in front of him, throwing my palm up to stop him.

"Look, if you think I'm older, so I must know what I want in bed or that I'm good in bed—I'm not. I'm not that woman!" I was the exact opposite. I hardly had any experience. "And I'm not a fun hit it and quit it woman or anything else you might think."

"You're overthinking all this, Sadie. I think you're sexy as hell and cute as fuck." He captured my hand, sending a shock from my fingers to my veins. "And I'm not boring, we have chemistry, and I think you need to give me a fucking chance."

We were at my place, his feet on my heels, following me to the front porch, his heavy breathing raining over me—making me lose my damn mind. I couldn't even unlock the front door, fumbling with the key—his hand plucking it from mine, pushing the door open.

"Just tonight." His lips were at my neck, warm whisper tickling my ear. "I'll make you realize age doesn't mean shit."

My body melted into his, his voice making my thighs tremble, igniting a fuse too big to quell. "Okay."

He stepped in front of me, body towering against mine, fingers brushing my stomach as they curled under the hem of my shirt, dragging the cotton up over my head, tossing it to the floor. A chill ran over my exposed skin, goosebumps followed, my breath suddenly amplified, my pulse meeting the noise—throbbing.

I watched his dark stare linger on my bra, my chest arching instinctively to give him a better view.

He pressed forward, dipping his face to the crook of my neck, lips smashing into the delicate skin, nibbling to my shoulder. I gasped, shallow breaths barely controlled, desperately waiting for his hands or his lips to continue, to touch me more. But he stepped back, taking the heat with him.