Chapter 12: Roselake

Chapter 12 – Roselake

Amber and I were at dinner one particular night. Just plain smiling at each other as the waiter brought over the food. I was so damn happy. We were in love how could I not be? "I love you." She smiled. I grinned at her and I watched as she blushed. "That's gay." I replied. She rolled her eyes at me. "Babe we're lesbians. You're gay." "Really now?" "Mmhmm." "Well, I think you need to remind me a bit more." I joked with her. "Hmmm." She shot me a devilish smirk. "Hmmm." I raised my eyebrows. "Hmm. Now what I think is that you need to get the check." Now I rolled my eyes. She chuckled. "Why do you do these things, Miss Roselake?" "Because we're gay. And I love you too, Miss Barron." I smiled happily, pulled out my wallet and paid for our sushi. Amber always held the door open for me wherever we went and always smiled as people took photos of us. I loved it. I was so excited every day I got off of filming or from school because that meant I could hang with Amber more and we did. So damn much.

And I was just so excited for that physics test that was coming up too. It was on the stuff Dimitri actually got through to me so I was excited on raising my grade. And I was just too damn happy to end filming too. I mean it was sad too because I feel like I had been doing it my whole life but, I really to be done and see what the final product would look like. I wanted to see if I would get movie offers. Gunnar was already getting tons of calls for talk shows and radio stations wanting to interview me but nothing for another job. But I still took all the offers I could get just trying to get my name out there.

But other than work related things, I tried to ignore Gunnar because I know he knew something was up between Amber and I. He saw Amber and I looking at each other like that and I knew Amber didn't want me to tell anyone. I really didn't want Gunnar asking questions. I really didn't. Because then I'd have to lie. And he's my brother. I'd hate to do that. Although he might have already known, I still just couldn't tell him even though I really wanted to. Up on that Ferris Wheel was a sad reality. This was how Amber and I's relationship was going to be so I just couldn't tell him. I couldn't.

Wes had started to talk to me though. Small talk right outside the lockers but it was ok you know? It was peaceful conversations. I always saw him after English and talked to him about school or whatever stupid thing Vince did over the weekend. But never about Amber.

"So Vince and Mary are like official now." "Really?" I was elated for him. "Yeah their like together together like for real." "Damn good for him!" "I know right. Dude finally got a chick." "Anything new with you?" He questioned as we moved down the hall. "Ahh not much but, I think I did really well on Physics test!" "Oh shit! Really? I always knew you struggled with that subject." "For real. I think I got at least a B. That means it raise my grade to like D plus C minus level." "Damn so Dimitri's tutoring is finally paying off?" "Yeah I think so." "Nice!"

Wes then high fived me for a second and we locked eyes. It was in that moment I could tell he still really cared about me. Like truly cared for romantically. We awkwardly pulled our hands away from each other's and different directions. I knew he knew I didn't feel the same way. I still felt bad about everything but I just wanted us to be friends. I knew felt bad for feeling this way. I could see it in his eyes. I could see him almost motion to say sorry. But I wouldn't let him.

"Dude don't be so awkward it's fine. Don't worry about it." I smiled. And so did he. I could tell he felt better already. "Ok good. I was afraid you were gonna push me away or something." He joked. "Um, punch not push that you very much. And you really think I'm that against just a high five?" "Look, I don't know." He laughed and so did I.

That physics test came back and holy shit! I got a fucking B plus! Hahahaha! B plus! I was sprinting around the house just slapping myself on the ass I was so damn happy! B fucking plus! My grade moved up to a C minus and I was no longer in danger of not getting a diploma! Haha! If I could keep my grade up like that I could actually graduate! Yes! Dimitri and I were high fiving the crap out of each other. It was great.