chapter 24: phase one: successful

It was late at night and Jihyo had prepared to 'fake surrender' to the anti-rebels squad.

"Good luck, Park," said Young, saluting.

Jihyo returned the salute, "Thank you. I'll do the best I can."

Then Jihyo turned and ran out of their secret temporary base.

Young looked at her shadow, grinning a little.

She ran all the way into the fences, and the guards immediately saw her. "Incoming unknown vampire!"

Another guard ran and approached her, shouting, "Stop, stop! Who are y-" he became silent once he saw Jihyo's face. "Park Jihyo?" He asked.

Jihyo nodded silently.

The guard glanced towards his partner, "she'll come with me to meet Lady Kim and Leader Jang. You can go back to your position."

He nodded and walked away.

Both Jihyo and the guard walked into the stronghold's biggest room of all - Lady Kim's room.

"I've came to surrender, Lady Kim, Leader Jang," Jihyo bowed to the both of them, ignoring the other vampires present in the room.

Jihyo was about to speak again when Leader Jang held up his hand, signaling Jihyo to be silent. He then gestured a squad member to approach Jihyo.

"Now, we want our guest to be comfortable, don't we? Even for those who came to surrender," asked Leader Jang. "Change into a more suitable clothes, yes?"

{In Team Two Secret Temporary Base}

Young was shocked, now he can't know what Park will be telling the anti-rebels squad leader!

He hit his table and turned off the bugging device.

{Kim's stronghold}

The squad member provided Jihyo with another set of combat clothes. Jihyo couldn't help but felt a bit strange. Why would Leader Jang provide her with new clothes all of a sudden?

She followed the squad member to another room and changed into her new clothes, just a plain one without any squad sign. Really, she felt more comfortable wearing these rather than having one with Mr Song's symbol, the leopard.

Once she returned to the original room, Leader Jang said, "Do you wanna know why I gave you new clothes?"

Jihyo nodded eagerly, "I had been thinking about it just now."

"My guard told me that he can hear some little noise due to the bug planted on your combat clothes. Oh, and I forgot to mention, his power upon maturity is advanced hearing ability," said Leader Jang. "Now I shall pass you to Lady Kim, I suppose?"

Leader Jang glanced at Lady Kim, who nodded her head elegantly.

"From what I have heard from Jang, you're trying to buy some time for the back up team, yes?" asked Lady Kim.

"Yes, and from what my human friend had told me, their training session is nearing to an end, which means they could go to rescue my other two friends in Song's stronghold when they're ready in these few days."

"I heard you wanted us to fake surrender. What do you want me - us to do, after we have fake surrendered?"

"You are the second back up it have to rescue my friends. The new back up team is formed in such a hurry, I am concerned that there will be emergency situation since this is their first rescue mission without any relevant experiences," said Jihyo. "As you surrender, you will be brought to Song's stronghold to have a talk with Mr Song,and that means if you are present there when the rescue mission is on, you can help to fight back."