bruises

Keilani's pov
After Mary handed me that bottle of vodka the rest of the night is a blur. The one thing I can remember is hooking up with James. At least I hope it's James. Everyone and everything is just kind of a mystery to me right now.
       I attempt to open my heavy eyes to see a beautiful face next to me. James. My baby. He must have taken me home.
'Hey baby,' I say shaking him to wake up. He rolls over and pushes me away. I just ignore him and roll to get my phone off the table beside me.
It's for 2nd weekend of summer holidays and 9 days til Christmas. Every year Lily and Mary's family throw the biggest Christmas Eve family and everyone has the best time. They must have created a group chat last night because my phone is blowing up. I don't even bother and I just check all my unread messages.
Mary
Does he know?

Keilani
Know what? Mary your scaring me?

Mary
You and ruel?

Keilani
What happened, Mary!!!
Read

'Fuck!' I shouted waking James

'Hey Bub what going on?' He said half asleep with his messy curls and his sparkling brown eyes. He's so hot. Damn.

'Damn. How hot can you get James?' I giggle running over to the bed as I jump onto him kissing his lips gracefully. I pull away and watch his cheeks blush with the prettiest rosy raspberry colour.

'All jokes aside what's going on, how are you feeling you were fully smashed last night?' He says as the concern rose from beneath him.

'I'm alright, I guess, my head hurts and the last thing I remember is Mary handing me that bottle. Thank you for taking me home.' I explain rolling over him to hug him.

'I think it's for the best you can't remember, things got out of hand and I needed to take you home before you got hurt.' He said kissing my forehead as he tries to get up. He moans in pain and fulls back onto the mattress.

'Are you ok?' I say throwing the doona off his body to reveal scratches and bruises all over is torso. I freeze. My jaw drops as tears start streaming down my face. Immediately thoughts pop into my head. 'This is all your fault.' 'Why did you have to drink.' 'Why can't you be more responsible.'

'This is my fault.' I sob trying to look away from all the wounds on his body.

'No it's not baby. I'm fine. It's ok.' He says trying to push through the pain to get up and comfort me.

'How is that fine. Your in so much pain. Why do i do this to you. I'm not safe.' I sob trying to move away from him.

'It doesn't hurt. I promise, and baby you are perfect for me you always will be. I will go through hell and back to be with you.' He sobs as a tear falls from his rosy cheeks. I run into the bathroom to try and stop myself from balling my eyes out. I look in the mirror. Makeup smeared all over my face. Giant shirt covering my underwear and vomit tied back with my hair as tears fall down my face. He can't see me like this. I continue balling my eyes out as I sit in the bottom of the shower scrubbing my face and fake tan. Whatever happened last night must have been bad I keep telling my self.
I finally after a good 20 minutes of tears and red skin I turn off the shower and begin to clean myself up a little. No makeup and wet hair. I wrap a towel around me and make my way to the door to see if there is any of James' clothes I can borrow or any I have left here. Thankfully James is down stairs with his family. I run around trying to find something semi decent as I begin to hear footsteps coming closer and closer to his room. In a rush a grab the first two things I see. A giant nautical shirt and some of my favourite bike shorts I must have left here. I run back into the bathroom and slam the door right before James enters the room. I get dressed faster than I ever have and run out to give him the biggest hug in the world trying not to hurt any of him.

'I'm sorry.' I say looking up to him as my arms are hooked around his waist.

'There is nothing to say sorry for.' He says making me smile. picking me up to his level as I wrap my legs around him.

' I love you.' I say kissing his forehead and resting my head on his shoulder.