Damage

Prologue

Prim ran into her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her. She didn’t bother with the lock knowing no one was home and wouldn’t be home for a while. Tears and mascara ran down her pale face as she went to her dresser and opened the bottom drawer. Digging through her clothes she found what she was looking for, a razor.

          Walking to the center of her bedroom, she grabbed her TV remote and sat down. Turning the TV on, she turned it to a random channel that was showing the new years count down live. Her green eyes stayed glue to the screen as her hands worked at rolling up her sleeves to expose perfect pale skin.

          Tears filled her eyes as she looked away from the TV and to the pictures of her family, thinking about who she would be leaving behind. Closing her eyes tightly, she picked up the razor and pressed it gently to her skin. Slowly she made deep lines across her skin and bit down on her lip to keep herself quite as tears and blood flowed.

          She dropped the bloody razor and laid on the ground as everything around her started to spin from the blood loss. She could hear the count down for the ball drop starting and closed her eyes. Her lips moved in unison to the count down as she counted along, feeling herself slipping away.

          The door to her bedroom opened and someone screamed. Prim tried to open her eyes to see who it was but found she couldn’t. She could feel her body being moved and tried to fight being helped. The pain she had been feeling slowly disappeared and was replaced with nothingness as darkness took over her mind.

-------------

Sorry for how short this part is but didnt want to reveal a lot in it, just what started the chain reaction of events that happen latter on.