Pilot

Passing through the old, abandoned, creepy park, my blood froze once again. It's the first time being here after I was out of the local hospital in my hometown. Everyone thought I was crazy. But I knew I wasn't...

   It was a chilly December afternoon and my friends and I were playing truth or dare since the weather wasn't in our standards. The roaring sky was painted to one of its darkest blue colors by the trees and the inky black, scary, uneven clouds were seem to be threatening people from above to stay inside.

"Truth or dare?" Keegan asked me.

I didn't know what I wanted to say. I wanted something challenging. Something that would make everyone see how brave, strong and courageous person I am. Out of nowhere I said:

"Dare!"

Before Keegan, Mark and Ksenia spoke to me and told me that I had to go to that abandoned park nearby and spend 2 hours there. I was shocked. Scared! 

"Guys," I started talking, "I don't think that's a good idea."

But they started saying things like 'a dare is a dare' and things like that, so Keegan offered to go with me. I was scared as the time I was watching 'Truth or dare' - the movie. That's when everything began.

   Anxiously, I pushed the creaking front door and got out. The weather was one of the few factors that made me nervous. Moving back and forth, the plants seemed alive like skeletons. The park wasn't far away, so Keegan and I just run towards it, in order for the dare to be over earlier. We got there and put the timer.

   Wanting to explore it Keegan got up and disappeared behind the dirty, huge - and some broken - slides and swings. Being alone, I was horrifying and we still had 1 hour and 30 minutes to go. In one moment every drop of blood in my body was brought to a stop by the touch of a hand on my shoulder, lightly yet suddenly from behind me. I knew it wasn't Keegan because he was at the back of the games; examining them I guess I turned around almost instantly. My heartbeat started increasing and my palms started sweating while blood started running quicker. Who was she?

   Proudly standing, a white dressed woman started asking me if I saw her son. She had white skin, white hair, white eyes - weird! She gave me a picture of a boy who was playing in a swing and I turned the photograph. December, 27th 1786. Something was wrong as 27th of December was that day and the boy looked quite like Keegan. I asked the woman if this was some kind of joke but she said "No." loud and clear. Then she took a knife and exclaimed: "Goodbye!".

   My heart wasn't working properly and there was blood on my hand. Laughing, the woman disappeared behind the fog. I could hear distant voices, "What on earth?", before entirely closing my eyes.

   Beep! Beep! My heartbeat was on the monitor. I woke up at a hospital bed. How did I understand that? Antiseptic  hit my nose and doctors were running here and there trying to control machines. My mu and BFFs jumped when they saw my eyes opening and run towards me. Keegan started explaining what happened to me. He found me unconscious on the ground and called the ambulance. I asked him if I was stubbed and he answered negatively. What was it then? A hallucination? My mum gave me a bag and told me that my 'my friend' brought me these things tp spend my time happily in the hospital. After they had made sure that I was fine they left me.

   Opening the bag I saw a book with he title 'Blackburns'. I opened it and saw old pictures of a family, passages and at another section I saw monsters: basically people that change forms (e.g vampires). I found also a note. "I am truly sorry but I had to do that because you are one of us. I would like to see you continuing the job your ancestors and I were doing cause I found out that you can do it. There is also an address of a cabin in the bag. There are more things there. When you are ready physically and mentally, go back to the park and take revenge for our blood! For the Blackburns!".

   This is just the beginning, not the ending...