Part 1

~From Hardik's point of view~

It was in the 4th ball of the 5th over of Pakistan's inning when I saw Bhuvi wincing with pain and bending over, clutching his foot.

Of course, within moments, Virat, Rohit and pretty much everyone had gathered around him, concerned--and worried.

"What happened?" demanded Virat; worry always makes him cranky.

"Just a slight strain," said Bhuvi casually.

I could see the clear relief in Virat's face, but somehow I didn't buy Bhuvi's tone--it was a bit too casual.

"Go off the field for a while," suggested Rohit.

"Let him go off for the entire match," said Virat, much to my relief. "We've got Shankar today, and..." He waved a slightly mocking hand towards the Pakistani dugout.

I love our captain when he drops his captain act.

"It's only Pakistan," I finished, smirking.

They all laughed, even Bhuvi, though I had expected him to object, because that's what he does, all the time--scold me.

"Don't be overconfident, Hardik," said Bhuvi the next moment.

There it was. I told you.

"I'll send Jaddu down, then," Bhuvi told Virat, and he started to walk off the field.

I walked alongside him a bit.

"How serious is it, really?" I asked Bhuvi quietly.

"It's nothing," he said.

I glanced at him. He wasn't even limping.

But there was at least a little bit of pain in his eyes as he walked.

That's the thing about Bhuvi. He accepts everything without a word. He never complains. He lets everyone walk all over him--only, the entire team loves him too much to take advantage of him.

"Are you sure?" I tried for a last time.

"Of course I am," said Bhuvi, turning to grin at me.

I knew it would be pointless to badger him any more, so I patted his back and said, "It's not overconfidence if I say we'll win this one easily, even without you."

Bhuvi shook his head in his I give up way and told me, "Best of luck!" before stepping off the field.

I returned to the match.