Chapter 1 Shadow

Sorry, it's so short guys. The song has nothing to do with the book. 

It works almost like clockwork. I steal from the bank and mister perfect shows up. He truly is perfect though. With his chiseled jaw, dark brown hair and striking green eyes, it's no wonder girls all over the dream realm are in love with him. Add that to his amazingly built body and you have females all over the realms drooling over him. But I have to say, it's not only the females, I mean with that body even the straightest of men would be checking him out. I certainly do anyway.

So, I robbed the bank. Why no one just called the cops on me, I don't know. I mean all I did was rob the bank. It's not like I killed everyone inside, you know. Not that I would ever do that, just because I'm a "villain", it doesn't give me an excuse to hurt someone. Well, I mean I guess that's exactly what villains do, but I somehow always thought to hurt someone was overrated.

"Hey Shade, how was your day?" I could hear Light's smug voice from behind me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance before replying,"it hasn't been going as well as I would've hoped, you know?"

"Aww, and why's that Honey?"

"I guess you could say it's because of many reasons, one of them being you. More specifically, you showing up." That was a lie. My day was shitty as fuck, but him showing up made it slightly better.

"Yeah, sorry about that kid, but I need to turn you in."

"Who the fuck are you calling kid? You're like 17. "

"Sure love, even if I was, you would still be younger than me, you're like 14."

"That hurt sweetie, I thought you wouldn't be insulting me anymore considering that we love each other," I state, pouting as he handcuffs my hands behind my back.

"Sorry babe but you are a bad guy and I just have to say that I need to turn you in before you go too far," he says rolling his eyes at me while I put my hands on my hips after getting myself out of the handcuffs in a matter of seconds.

He doesn't seem surprised by the fact that I had already got out of them, I would be surprised if he was, I've been doing that since the very beginning which would only mean about like 2 years at most. What did surprise me though, was the police officer that came up behind me.

"You little shit, you called the cops on me?" I state in annoyed amusement.

"Of course, you didn't do anything but rob the bank, why would I need to deal with you?" He questions.

I rolled my eyes, in a matter of seconds he left, towards real danger. I never crossed 50 percent with Light in fear of hurting him, so if he thinks I'm dangerous now he should see me when I'm really pissed and fighting for something I need to protect.

Later on, I found that the thing that I would have to protect was him.