Chapter 1 - On The Run

I refused to stick around knowing that my best friend will be marrying……him. How could I? I don’t understand her. She would rather be with someone who will leave her and break her heart, than stay with someone who will always be there for her, always protect her. I know she will always be in danger with him. I can’t stand for it. I need to leave. No, I must leave. Away from Forks. Away from La Push. I have to leave, I just have to. I can’t stay here. I don’t need to think about her or him…or any of them. I need to be on my own for while or at least, until she’s off my mind. I just need to run. Run her out of my system. Just keep running. Run…her…out…of…existence.

Man, I’m so tired. I can’t keep this up. I need to rest. Where am I? What town is it? Am I still in the states? Doesn’t look like it. It might be Canada. Whatever. I’m too tired to stay in the wood, safely. Might be some wacked out hunters. I need a place to sleep. I guess I can shift back and get a room somewhere. I’m sure there’s a inn around here somewhere. Well, here’s a bench. I’ll just sit here and wait for a bus. Hopefully, I can figure it out. I’ll just get a few winks before the bus comes. Just….for….a….moment…….

………………… “Hey!!!”

Huh?! What?! Who said that? I’m just too tired to answer.

“Hey!!! You can’t sleep here.”

I opened my eyes and waited for my eyes to re-adjust. I looked up to a long hair brunette. Too bad I can’t see her face.

“Excuse me. But you can’t sleep here.” she said.

I got up and turned around.

“Bella?”

Could it be? Was she here? Here with me. To stay with me forever.

No, not Bella. But someone, better. There standing in front of me, was the most beautiful female I’ve ever seen, with the biggest brown eyes. 5’5”, maybe a bit taller. Amazing. She was wearing a white belly shirt, hip hugging jeans, and a half cut denim jacket. Wow. I got this weird feeling. Like, I was draw to her. Something came over me. I couldn’t resist. I wanted her.

“Is that who you’re waiting for?” she laughed.

“Uh, no.”

“Well, then. You better get moving before the sheriff catches you out past curfew.”

“Curfew? I don’t have a curfew.”

“Maybe not, but this town does.” She said, pointing to a sign.

Emergency Curfew

Effective Today as of 9:00PM

Anyone under 21

Must be inside at that time

EVERYDAY

By the Order of Sheriff Horner

Anyone caught out after 9PM will spend the night in JAIL

The words “jail” seems to be the biggest words on the flyer.

“Okay. Well, is there a bed and breakfast or an inn around here?”

She chuckled. “Bed and Breakfast? Around here? You’re definitely not from around here. The closest one is up the road…”

“Oh, good.”

“…about 20 miles.” She interrupted. “And you won’t make it there before curfew.”

What the heck? What kind of place doesn’t have a bed and breakfast? Even forks, have a bed and breakfast. Where am I going to sleep now? I could probably run there, when no one is looking. What kind of place is this?