Complications

Suguro's day was already complicated without Shima sending his two daughters to visit. He'd been put in charge of pulling in buyers by feeding them information and displaying the lab where their dinosaurs were hatched.

He was also in charge of something much more exciting, but it was difficult. They'd raised their very own dinosaur. They'd created her from a test tube and raised her in an enclosed area. She'd grown bigger than they thought, but she was definitely a good attraction to show the guests in a few months.

He'd already shown the potential buyers around. Now he just had to meet up with the girls. He made his way over to the Main Entrance Hall, going down the stairs. He glanced out over the sea of children and parents and spotted a head of unmistakable curly brown hair.

"Mira, is that you?" He called. Next to the tall, tanned teenaged girl was a smaller, paler little girl. She had long, straight black hair.

The younger one, Kana, ran up to him and hugged him as hard as she could around the middle.

He laughed. "Hey kiddo! It's been a while!" He grinned. Kana looked like an even mix of Shima and Izumo while Mira was the spitting image of her mother, just with insanely curly hair from Shima's mother's side.

She walked up to them, looking moody. Probably didn't want to be stuck with her kid sister. Typical teenager.

"Woah! Last time I saw you, you were like...." He holds out a hand, gauging that she'd been about as tall as Kana.

"What was that, a few years ago? Four years?" Suguro tried to remember.

"Seven." Mira snapped. Suguro recoiled. Oh geez, this was awkward. He was not good with kids.

"So you've already got your VIP wristbands. Here, this is for food." He handed an envelope to Mira. "And Zara here is going to take great care of you until I'm done working tonight, alright?"

"Y-You're not coming with us?" Kana frowned. Ugh. Now the kid was getting upset.

"I really wish that I could, but tomorrow I can take you into the control room, show you behind the scenes and all of that. That's....uh....that's gonna be cool, right?" He tried. This is why I never married.

Kana was now serving him the silent treatment and Mira was typing on her phone, obviously uninterested.

"Ok, so I'll see you tonight at uh....eight I think. So, you know, have fun, don't get lost." He told them. Kana nodded and Mira steered the little girl away.

Suguro walked away, answering the insistent tone of his phone.

§~•~§~•~§

The control room was a high-tech control room consisting of numerous consoles and workstations facing a huge wall of monitors, the center most of which displayed a map of the island. Technicians work diligently day in and day out.

A guy sitting at his desk grimaced and turned on his comm. "Two juvenile  Triceratops are going at it again. Should I tranq them or are you coming over to take care of this?" He asked into the radio static.

"No, tranq 'em." An answer came.

"Oh....oh sweet Jesus. They're rutting." The man sighed.

Suguro walked in holding a coffee cup and went straight to two people he was especially fond of. Two of the technicians, Lewin and Lucy. Lewin's desk was always covered with toy dinosaurs and he was wearing a vintage Jurassic Park shirt.

"What's the live count?" Suguro asked.

"Twenty-three thousand, two-eighteen." Lucy answered.

"Incidents?" He added.