Karim's Unusual Request

It's been a few weeks since Rikkard and Lilly's honeymoon. Currently, the patrons are busily dressing for another day of work. Lilly, in her male alter ego's uniform, was stomping her feet so obnoxiously that it started to get into Rikkard's nerves.

"Dick can you just let him do his thing? You never gave the man a day off! This is something he wants to do for a long time since our marriage."

He gave her a reprimanding look as Lilly went to fix his coat and tie. "I told you not to call me that."

"I would call you whatever the hell I like! Dicky wicky." Lilly jerked him towards her with his tie, levelling her eyes with his. "Let Karim go."

"No."

"Indeed, Sir?"

"Indeed."

"Well then. What do you say if I come to work in my wedding dress? Would you like that darling?" She said challenging the iceberg she calls her husband.

He narrowed his eyes at his errant wife. Pondering carefully if her demands are worth the scandal she will cause at Empire House.

He pulled Lilly to him and locked her in a tight hold. Whispering in her ears he said, "If you do that, there will be consequences when we get home. Consequences you've had last time you wore that dress."

With a resolve worthy of the Swiss Guard, Lilly tore away from him. "Really? What if I forbid you from coming close to me. Better yet, don't even think about sharing the bed as me. Go sleep in the other rooms."

Rikkard's icy glare was immediate. Pinning Lilly with all his might, unrealizing that this will never have an effect on her.

"Do not test me darling. No one can give me orders."

"Oh? Remember on our honeymoon when I told you to push-"

Ears reddening he halted her tirade. Before she says something inappropriate. "That's enough."

"Do you change your mind? Will you let Karim on his request?"

"Yes. Sure whatever he wants."

Lilly urged, with a maniacal glee in her eyes. "And you'll pay for his expenditures?"

Looking at Lilly with a forceful look, aware that they are late and deciding that the argument is useless, he continued with reluctance. "Yes. Whatever he needs."

Lilly threw her arms to embrace her startled statue. "Yey! I knew you're a generous son of a bachelor! Very thoughtful and kind to his employees to! Will you give me a raise?"

"No, that's the last straw. Let's go Mr Linton."  After that, Rikkard Ambrose exited their bedroom.

Hmpf. One of these days I'm going to make you realize me as a female employee. Lilly vowed to herself as she followed him.

At least Karim can now start with the winter garden.

🌸§~§~🌹~§~§🌸

After 1 week:

Lilly is smiling broadly. Rikkard is dumbstruck. Karim is bashful.

"Wow, Karim. I never knew you had it in you." Lilly wandered her eyes on the once huge bare glass dome.

The winter garden was gorgeous. Plants of different variety were present. Flowers, are those trees? And whatnot that I do not know what they are called. Its picturesquely perfect.

And a sabre swinging giant just made this beautiful garden.

There's also a patio in the middle of the garden. There is a marble - with chess board pattern- table and chairs for four. It suited the whole facade. Simple yet elegant. Surrounded by a world of flowers.

The trio sometimes spend, or waste in Rikkard's opinion, their time playing chess. Lillian vs Karim who both have 5 wins and 1 losses, and the winner taking on Rikkard Ambrose who obviously is always the winner.

Now they have an actual board and can waste time together!

Rikkard turned to face Karim, his face was stuck frozen. He can't believe this, can't believe him.

Lillian who was beside Rikk was delighted with his expression. Too much though, not minding that she was the one who gave carte blanche to Karim to buy everything he needs. Everything.

Before Rikkard can say anything that involves 'remove' and 'return', Lilly hugged Karim, who was startled and feared of Rikkard Ambrose's wrath, she pinched his cheeks and went to his aid.

"The garden is spectacular Karim! You should've done this ages ago! Did you plant Rosa Annoyinga Bodyguarda too? That's my favorite flower."

Karim immediately shot her a murderous glare. Lilly smiled an I'm your ifrit of a boss look.

Rikkard was speechless still as the two bicker once again. He is concerned of the cost still, but feeling the pure happiness of his wife, he knows the expense is worth it.

Of course Rikkard tasked Karim to get whatever the bossy Ifrit wants with the garden. She just doesn't know that yet.

A garden gifted by our turban-wearing, sabre swinging mountain who is also a passionate gardener.

Karim was proud of his work. Now, if he can only use the shovel to dig up a hole for the ifrit's body...