shower thoughts #1

as we proceed through time our views on good vs. evil never remain constant. as a child, i would see the class clown always causing a disturbance as "bad." i could never help but wonder how their parents dealt with their child, let alone how they let them have such vile behavior. as a high school student, my perspective has shifted. the funny boy i looked down on in elementary school is now one of my best friends, and the girl who wore her mommy's lipstick to school who i'd play tree tag with at recess irks me to my inner core. she brings out such an anger in me to the point where even just seeing her makes me want to scream. the terrifying thing about the good and the evil is you can never tell which category they fit into. i may flip a switch while dreaming in my sleep tonight and decide that the majority of my best friends are awful people, and the pretty girls who gossip about me in math class are the greatest beings to walk the planet. i often wonder: where do i belong? do my friends think i'm a good person? my family? teachers? peers who have never even heard my voice? who am i to people who have never spoken to me and have just quickly scanned my social media? will i ever figure out which category i fit into? the hard truth is: no. nobody will ever know where they fit. in the end, the umbrella of suspicion is: what classifies good from evil? is it possible to be both? for we are all human who have made countless mistakes, perhaps there is no good or no evil.