seis

it was so easy to lose track of time, especially lately. there was something going on here, something that had started before they kissed. maybe it was that first time he saw benji through the window, but more and more he felt himself falling deeper into whatever feelings he was having for him.

and it wasn't okay.

it wasn't okay because he knew he couldn't have this. his family was only moved here temporarily, something he had forgotten to mention to benji and just didn't want to anymore. because he would act differently if he knew all they had was this summer, right? jorge would, if their roles had been reversed. maybe benji was different but...it was too late now.

jey liked him. so much. which was the problem. the summer was long, though. he could let himself indulge in this. he could pretend that there wasn't a timer plastered on it, and that eventually he wouldn't get to have it anymore.

"jey!"

benji had insisted on facetiming him, which was so so stupid as they were literally neighbors, but he couldn't really find it in him to be annoyed.

"hi."

"you're not listening to me!" benji whined, pushing out his bottom lip. "red or green?" he asked, holding up two sweaters. one was deep maroon and the other was very dark green. all benji wore was sweaters, and jorge liked teasing him about it sometimes. because benji was so cute, and also such a brat sometimes.

"green is ugly. like shrek,"

benji gasped. "i love green! it's my favourite colour,"

jey shrugged. "ok, that green is fine. but no other." he giggled as benji rolled his eyes and put on the sweater. it looked nice on him, actually. even though green sucked.

"let's go out," benji offered.

"you always are wanting to go out."

"i like spending time with you,"

jey huffed as his cheeks pinked. he just wouldn't ever get used to hearing sweet things all the time. especially when he didn't know exactly what they were. jorge liked benji, and was fairly certain benji liked him...they'd kissed a few nights ago. they hung out often and facetimed even more often.. but what was any of that?

"we can do it without going out,"

benji smiled at him like it meant something.

"come over."

they kissed a second time. and a third. and maybe a few more. and after that they watched movies together, close to each other, and it made everything more confusing but also less. maybe everything was actually getting clearer.

benji kissed him one more time, on the spot between his neck and his jaw. benji played with his hair and his hands and it made his face heat up. just feeling so cared for. and jey loved it.

he was glad they stayed in this one time, cause when they were alone he felt like they were tucked away in their own little corner of the world. and in their corner he didn't have to think about all the impending stuff, he could just be with benji and feel safe. safe with someone who called him cute and made him blush and made him feel funny things. someone who drove him crazy. someone who liked him. jey was falling.

and it still wasn't okay.

a/n yo so they met lmao