Frantic

I was in shock. I couldn't answer any of the EMTs questions about how Cameron was hurt. Everything happened so fast, it was hard to remember.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital, I bolted out of the ambulance and followed the EMTs that had Cam on a stretcher. The dress and heels made it hard.

"Screw it." I grunted, and I took the heels off.

I only got past the first set of doors until some doctors stopped me. I tried to fight past them, but I was took weak.

"LET ME GO! CAM! NO!" I cried. I stopped fighting them and just sank to the floor, in my puddle of tears.

-

I was carried into the waiting room, where the police were waiting for me. The doctor who had carried me set me down on a couch.

I wiped away my tears and looked up to see a policeman with blue eyes.

"Are you alright Miss?" he asked.

No.

"Yeah." I sniffled.

"Do you think you can answer some questions for me?"

I managed a nodded.

"How many were there? We're they male or female?"

"There were two. Both men."

"Did they have any markings? Tattoos? Odd hairstyles? Did they call each other any names?"

I already regretted answering the first question. My mind was only going one direction.

"Uh o-one of the men called the o-other 'Bruce'"

The policeman wrote on his little pad and looked down at me.

"What exactly happened?"

I was getting really aggravated . But I managed to keep my cool.

"Look, officer, can we do this tomorrow? I'm more concerned about my friend at this moment."

"Of course, I understand. You've been through a lot." he said. He pat my shoulder, and left.

i took out my phone, and called Gina.

"Hey Kait! How's it going?"

I tried to be calm, but I couldn't.

"C-C-Cam and I were mugged after walking from a restaurant. W-We are here at the hospital." I spilled out. I was was crying and breathing hard and loud.

"Oh my gosh... i-i-is he alright? Are you guys hurt??"

"I'm fine Gina. Cam is pretty banged up though. The doctors are looking at him now."

"Oh my gosh." Gina cracked. I could tell she was going to cry. "I'll see if I can get over there. But it will be a few days alright?"

"Okay." I sniffled and we hung up.

Finally I called Bryant.

"Good Lord. I'll come as soon as I can with the others."

"Please hurry." I pleaded.

-

My cheeks were soaking wet, and I could barely see anything with my eyes so watery. i walked to the bathrrom to clean myself up. When I looked in the mirror, I looked like a zombie from prom.

My makeup was smudge all over my face, like someone drunk tried doing it. My dress was coverd in water and dirt. Ruined. I had a rats nest for hair. I just looked plain awful. But how could I care now? Cam is more iomportant.

I walked out to see Bryant and Nash talking to the lady at the front desk. The other guys were sitting with their heads down. Matt noticed me and he gave me the biggest hug. Just the comfort I needed right now.

"What happened?" he asked.

"We were walking back from the restaurant not far from here, and some guys came up an mugged us."

"Oh Kait." he said softly. "I'm surprised you aren't hurt."

He pulled me in for another hug and rubbed my back. I just wanted to cry on his shoulder and wait for things to get better.

Bryant walked over to us.

"It doesn't look too good right now. He's got an awful concussion and so he's unconscience. Not to mention he's got a broken leg. The doctor said they have no idea when he'll wake up. It just kinda all depends on him. I don't mean to be a downer here but they also said it could be months when he wakes up."

"That won't be an option for me." I said.

-

-

-

A/N: Again, I'm soooo sorry for the late update! I'm no longer taking piano, but I am however taking guitar. But I do have more time on my hands so I'll TRY to update sooner! Is this story going okay so far? Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @ohdangdallas (: