Chapter 5

I woke up to the faint sound of a baby crying, and knew my sweet baby angel was awake. Just as I was about to get out of bed to go check on my baby, I heard the voice of my brother, talking to Dean, and I smiled. It was nice having J around to help out with the baby. I just sat up, getting ready to get out of bed, when the door cracked open.

(Johnson) "Looks like mommy is awake little guy"

(Me) "Hey bro what's up?"

(Johnson) "I believe little man here is hungry."

I got up and took my sweet baby from J.

(Me) "I'll take it from here. Thanks bro"

J turned around, shut my door, and left me to feed Dean. I sat back on the bed, fed and burped him, then went to get him ready for the day.

After getting Dean ready, I went downstairs to join my brother, who was cooking breakfast

(Johnson) "Just in time, breakfast is ready!"

I laid Dean down in his swing in the living room, while I grabbed myself a plate of food, then me and my brother sat ourselves in front of the TV to eat together. It felt nice to spend some quality time with my brother.

---------------------

It was some time later after we had finished breakfast. J was upstairs in his room, doing lord knows what, and I was downstairs cleaning the kitchen while Dean was happily napping in his swing. I had just finished washing the dishes from breakfast, when there was a knock at the door. I was totally confused, because I wasn't expecting anybody, and I was pretty sure J wasn't either. When I opened the door, I was shocked by who was there. Jack.

(Me) "What are you doing here?"

(Gilinsky) "It's been nearly a month Emma. I think I deserve to see my son."

(Me) "And I think otherwise, so, please leave."

(Gilinsky) "Emma, please, just listen to me, hear me out. Please?"

(Me) "I don't know Jack. You really hurt me. I don't know if you deserve a second chance."

At that moment there were footsteps on the stairs and I was thankful my brother was coming down to save the day.

(Johnson) "Hey E, who was at the- oh, Jack, it's you. What do you want?"

(Me) "He won't leave."

(Gilinsky) "Come on Emma, please, just hear me out, that's all I'm asking of you. Please."

(Johnson) "Maybe you should just at least hear him out E. There's no real hurt in just listening."

(Gilinsky) "Thank you J"

(Me) "Ok fine."

My brother went back upstairs and Jack and I sat down on the couch. I just looked at Jack, waiting for him to start talking.

(Me) "Well, start talking, say something, I'm not gonna sit here all day."

(Gilinsky) "I'm sorry Emma. For everything. I miss you, I miss us, and I just want to be there for my, our son."

(Me) "You should have thought of that before you went out and cheated on me Jack."

(Gilinsky) "I know Emma, and I'm sorry I did. I've regretted that decision ever since."

(Me) "Then why'd you do it Jack?"

(Gilinsky) "Because I was mad Emma. I was so mad that I just needed to forget about all of it, I needed to get away from reality for a while, and that's why I decided to go out with some of the boys, Sammy included, and we all got drunk, and you know how Sammy and I get together, we start acting crazy, and some girls starting hitting on us, and I was so far past gone at that point that I didn't even know what I was doing until I woke up the next morning next to some random girl, naked, and ever since I've regretted even going out with the boys that night. I regret everything. I just want you to understand that."

(Me) "I understand that you regret it Jack. You just really hurt me, you knew I was having your baby and you know how you can get when you get drunk, yet you still did it, and that really hurts me, and I don't know if you deserve a second chance"

(Gilinsky) "I just wanted to talk to you. I just want to see my son."

I got up and carefully picked up sleeping Dean out of his swing and brought him over to Jack, placing him in Jack's arms, being careful to not wake him up. Jack looked scared, as if he was afraid he was going to drop him.

(Me) "You're not gonna drop him, it's ok"

(Gilinsky) "I know. It's just new to me. He's so perfect."

(Me) "No wonder, he's partly yours"

(Gilinsky) "and he has a beautiful and amazing mom."

I didn't say anything back, I just turned to look away from Jack. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to flatter me to get me to take him back.

(Gilinsky) "I really mean it Emma, you're an amazing mom."

(Me) "Thank you Jack."

(Gilinsky) "And I love you. I always have, and I always will, and I will never stop. You will always be the first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. I need this little guy in my life, I need you in my life."

I sighed looked back at Jack.

(Me) "I guess you should have thought of that before you cheated on me Jack."

Jack huffed and I could tell he was getting frustrated with me. He got up off the couch and placed Dean, who was still sleeping, back into the swing, before coming back over to me, pulling me up off the couch, placing his hands on my hips, his face inches from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my face. It took every inch of me not to pull him in and kiss him. This boy does something to me I can't explain.

(Gilinsky) "You can't tell me you don't miss me, us, what we had, because I know you do Emma."

Jack grinned and I knew exactly what he was doing. He was trying to get to me to make me admit I missed him. Of course I did, I missed every bit of him, but what he to me, I can't let it go that easy. I pried his hands off my hips and backed away from Jack, sitting back down on the couch.

(Me) "You know, it's not that simple Jack. I'm not just going to tell you that I miss you and you tell me you miss me and that you're sorry and it's all going to be ok. You're here pulling all these moves to flatter me and try to get me back, when I just want you to take a second, step back and realize that you really hurt me."

Jack came over and sat on the couch beside me. It was quiet for a minute, like he was really taking in what I just said. After a few minutes, Jack finally spoke.

(Gilinsky) "I guess you're right. I wasn't really paying attention to how you felt, I just knew my plans and how I felt. I'm really sorry Emma, but I understand how you feel now, and I'm so sorry that I hurt you, and I just want you to know that I truly did not mean to at all. It hurts me to know how much I hurt you. I want to do what I can to make it up to you. Emma I love you with all I have, you mean the absolute world to me and I need you in my life. It's been miserable without you. You make me happy, you complete me, and I know this is a little out of the box, a little out there, but"

Next thing I knew, Jack was pulling something out of his pocket, and off the couch, down on one knee.

"I love you Emma, I love you so, so much. And I love our son more than you know. I want to take this chance to show you that I truly love you, and you mean the absolute world to me, and I will do anything and everything to make everything up to you. Emma, will you make me the luckiest guy in the world and marry me?"

Did that just happen?