Chapter 2

I sighed as I stood in front of the busy campus in front of me. This was the last place I wanted to be and wondered how boring this could get.

I'd just moved in the 20th ward a few days ago and I was here to start at my new school - Kami University. I forced myself onto the campus with a dark atmosphere surrounding me.

Nothing really exited me these days and being at school was the last thing I wanted to do. I slumped down onto a picnic bench and took out my book.

I had been reading my book for about 5 minutes when an annoyingly cheerful voice interrupted me.

"Hey Kaneki, that girl's reading the same book as you!"

I looked up towards the owner of the voice and saw a ginger haired boy smiling at me. Then slowly a black haired boy emerged from behind him smiling shyly, looking down.

"Are you new here?" the ginger one exclaimed. I nodded slightly.

"Well welcome to Kami University! My name's Hideyoshi Nagachika," he turned to the boy behind him, "And this is Ken Kaneki!"

There was an awkward silence as he waited for a reply from me. I didn't give him one and just started blanky. Finally the one supposedly called kaneki, spoke up.

"I'm sorry if Hide scared you. I know he's annoying but you'll get used to him."

I smiled slightly at this as hide pouted. Maybe life here wouldn't be so bad.