The Job of a High School Host!

The cherry blossoms were blooming, showing the world that it was spring.

That's what you would've said if you didn't attend Ouran Academy, where the cherry blossoms bloomed 24/7. However, it was still early spring, and the Host Club was, unfortunately, having none of it. 

"Tropical paradise!" Tamaki exclaimed to the club as you watched workers transporting an assortment of tropical plants into Music Room #3 with apprehension. Despite employing the best janitors to clean the room after the hosts left, you knew you'd be picking up stray leaves and petals for days as the hosts' unofficial maid.

'I can't even begin to imagine how much this all costs. It's a good thing I budgeted over 200 million for decoration expenses.

Tamaki clapped his hands as a woman ran into the club room with a rack of neatly arranged clothes. "Here are the costumes!" He exclaimed, running over to them and handing them out to each of the hosts. "Oh, Y/N! Please tell me, do you think this will fit Haruhi?" 

You walked over to the rack of clothing. Tamaki held a costume for Haruhi, complete with a fruit adorned hat. "Uh, yeah." You said. "But she won't wear it. 

"What? Why not? It's made of the finest materials, see?" Tamaki said, thrusting the dress into your hands. It was indeed made of a fine silk, and every feather seemed real. 

"It's beautiful..." You whispered, trailing your finger over the seams. "But she won't like it. It shows too much skin, and she doesn't care about things like fine materials."

'And she won't like that it matches your outfit.

Tamaki looked at the outfit and back up at you. "Are you sure?" You nodded, feeling kind of bad. Tamaki sighed, grabbing his outfit from the rack. "Ah, well. It won't hurt to ask. Can you hang that back up for me while I go change? Thanks, Y/N!"

You watched your best friend as he hurried to the changing room. Then, taking once last glance at the dress, you hung it back up, smoothing out the material. Having taken care of that, you rushed yourself and the rack into the back room to change into your apron. 

Looking at it closely, you sighed. The apron was nice, but it lacked the finesse and detail of clothing you actually enjoyed wearing. You tried to imagine yourself wearing the costume that was meant for Haruhi. You couldn't. 'I really am just a background character.' You thought to yourself as you tried to busy yourself with tidying up the lounge designed especially for the hosts. It wasn't really that messy, well, it wasn't at all messy, but you had gone through all of the finances much faster than Kyoya would've. That was probably because you didn't have to spend time entertaining lovestruck ladies and that Kyoya didn't trust you with everything. That really infuriated you. You were second in your class, and you had been 100% loyal to Tamaki since you'd met him, so why couldn't you just be the manager you were supposed to be? 

Long story short, you were in desperate need of something to do. You let out another sigh, this time of boredom. 'Maybe I should become a host for the boys.' You thought about this for a moment before snorting under your breath. 'Yeah, right. I'm way to shy to do that.

You walked out to find that Haruhi had arrived, much later than was required of her. She seemed confused about the tropical paradise, and you vaguely realized that she hadn't been around for any of Tamaki's boisterous ideas yet. Tamaki himself was bragging about the heating system that he had bought just for this room. It was actually his birthday present. Haruhi didn't seem impressed. 

"Do you have a problem with the way we run our club, Haruhi?" Kyoya asked, looking up at her from his clipboard. "Be careful what you say, you owe us eight million yen, remember?" Your eyebrows furrowed as you watched Haruhi's face fall. 'Why does he insist on threatening everyone?'