Stars Shining Above Us

The whole team went camping together.
It was 3a.m when JJ woke up. It didn't matter how she turned, she couldn't go back to sleep.
Too many things went through her head so she decided to go outside. She grabbed her blanket and went outside quietly so she wouldn't wake up Garcia and Emily.
She sat down in front of the big beautiful lake. It was quiet and you only could hear noises from animals. She gazed into the night and breathed in the cold fresh air to get her mind clare. The cold air on her skin made her shiver so she wrapped her blanket tighter around herself and stared at the stars.
She didn't know how long she sat there when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" she heard the calm voice of her co-worker and best friend, Spencer Reid. "Thinking" She answered without looking away from the dark night sky and the stars.
He sat down next to her in the grass. "About what?" he asked. There was a moment of silence between them before JJ spoke. "Will" she answered quietly. "What is about him?" Reid asked worried. "He cheated on me" JJ said with shaking voice while she kept staring at the sky. Tears forming in her eyes.
Reid was shocked. JJ sounded so broken. How someone could do something so bad to her? To the beautiful, kind and caring JJ who never did anything wrong. Who is an angel in the darkest and most horrible time. It broke his heart to see her that way.
"I'm sorry" was the only thing Reid could get out before he wrapped his arm around his best friend.
Tears ran down her beautiful cheeks while she cuddled up in his arms. He softly stroked her back.
Some minutes went by when JJ spoke again. "Maybe it's my fault" JJ said. "What?" Reid asked confused. "Maybe I wasn't good enough. Maybe I did something wrong" she explained quietly.
Reid put his hand on JJ's shoulder and with the other he wiped away her tears. "Don't say that JJ. That's not true and you know that.
You are an amazing woman. A great mother and a strong federal agent. It's not your fault. Don't think that for a second" Reid said softly.
"Will doesn't think that way" JJ said. "But I think so and the rest of the world thinks so JJ. I love you JJ. The way you are. You don't need Will, okay?" JJ slowly nodded her head, processing the words her best friend just said. Reid pulled her back in his strong arms and placed a kiss on her head.
JJ felt save when she was with him. She felt happy and home. Did she have feelings for him? Some minutes passed before she asked "You love me?" Reid looked away from the sky and looked at the blonde in his arms. "I do with my whole heart" he said. "I always did. Since I met you" He explained. "I was too shy to admin it" he chuckled. "And then you came together with Will and got pregnant" he explained and tried to hide his sadness about the things he just said. "okay" JJ said. "okay?" Reid asked confussed. "okay" JJ smiled and invented her fingers with his. Reid smiled at her. At that moment JJ reached up and locked her lips with his. Reid was surprised at first but started kissing her back. "I love you too" JJ admined when they pulled away from the kiss.
They smiled at each other. They stayed in silent watching the stars. JJ asleep in Reid's arm when a shooting star crossed the sky. He pushed away his genius thoughts about the glowing meteorite and wished that JJ and him will stay together forever because he loved that woman more than anything else.
"I love you Jennifer Jareau" he mumbled before he also fell asleep, the stars shining above them.
_______

Hey guys!
It's me Tanja😊
I hope you liked it
Write a comment and vote if you want😊❤️