Prologue

Dark Angel

Usually being cold and heartless suited my personality, but now?... Looking down at him, lying helpless in pain. Three nasty gashes along side his chest that started steaming. Blood soaked his once white shirt  which now was completely red. It must've been like seventy degrees today but it felt like we were standing in the north pole. Blood trickled down from the side of his mouth as he smiled at me. His courage would've flawed me but he looked like a mess. The wind blew his auburn hair aside, revealing his hazel brown eyes digging into mine trying to comfort me. But I did have the courage to meet his gaze, I tried to look away but I couldn't help it. I turned to face him and when my eyes met his, his smile widened, but then he winced in pain. I wanted to run to his aid so badly but I stayed grounded. The wind zipped past and it felt like a blizzard, atleast that's how I felt. Can you imagine?... Me?... running to the aid of a mortal. How that pass around back home?  Yeah sure , maybe it was my fault but.... it felt like a knife went straight through my chest. That thought sank and any thing fighting for my innocence died down. IT WAS MY FAULT!!!
"Wow" he exclaimed "one date and you're already trying to get rid of me" he tried to laugh but he coughed up blood instead. A tear made its way down my cheek, I WAS CRYING?!!  This never happened before. Emotion filled me. How could this happen? Love? And for a mortal. But yes, there was something different about him. First of all, he still smiled and showed compassion even thought him being half dead is my fault!!(that stung like a million scorpions digging into my flesh). Secondly (more surpringly). I really loved him, seeing him in pain brought pain to me. I guess I shouldve been relieved when he smiled, but  all that brought was guilt. He wheezed and coughed up more blood. From his mouth the blood flew and splattered against his face. The gashes on his chest where now searing away his shirt, turning a nasty shade of black. My eyes wandered down to my hand, where my fingernails should have been when now five razor sharp black talons, stained with blood...his blood! In that split second atleast twenty different emotions filled me.
"W....wha..." I faltered " What....What I have I done?!" I sobbed