He Got Me

PROLOGUE

"Hey, babe..."

David Sawyer, dress in a black suit, looked up. A pair of hands wrapping around his shoulder before soft, sticky lips met his. His fiancé, a woman he was just proposed to last week sitting in front of him with a bright smile.

"Am I late?" she asked. Her fancy clothes look perfect on her body.

David shakes his head. Not even bothered to look at his watch. He knows for sure that the woman late. She never gets on time. So, David already gets used to it. They order food and eat, talking about daily things, and so on.

"So... About the house..."

David looked at his fiancé, Stephanie Finley that was already looking at him. "It's quite comfortable."

Stephanie smile. "Really? Well, it is beautiful when we got there first."

David nodded with a smile. "When will you move in?"

Not long before David proposed to Stephanie, they bought a house. Or, more correctly, David bought a house. It's for them to live since both are living in a single home. They planned on living together after engaged.

"This weekend," Stephanie answered, then looked at the man. "About Romeo... My stepson..."

Romeo Finley is her stepson. David never meets him. All he knows that the boy is her late husband's son with another woman before they get married. But, since Stephanie married the man 14 years ago before he died because of cancer ten years later, the boy already became a part of her. So, she continues to take care of him. David was aware of this, and he doesn't really care about that fact. He just hopes the boy will be okay with this.

"Oh, he can live with us, of course." David smile at her sincerely. "He would be my stepson soon too."

"He will move out if he gets a better life," Stephanie said with a sympathetic tone. "He's just... Not found any job yet."

David nodded. "I understand. I know how hard it is to get a job, especially full-time in this era. We have an extra bedroom. He can stay at one of them."

Stephanie holds the man's hand with a sincere smile. "Thank you so much, babe. You're the best."

David just returned the smile before continued eating. He does not know what's coming for him soon.

***

The honked can be heard loudly from the parking. David was already preparing everything for his fiance to move in. Including the extra bedroom for his soon-to-be-step-son. He wants to make sure that everything's perfect.

This is what he wants. Started a new life. A better life. He keeps getting older. So, he needs this. He wants a family. With a woman. A normal marriage and a normal family. Something very hard for him to do for all his life.

"David?" Stephanie's voice can be heard from the front door.

"Yes!" the man shouted while running down the stairs. He greeted his fiancé with a smile and a quick peck on the lips. "All finish?"

Stephanie nodded. "We already sent other things here, right."

David nodded. "I already put them in our room. I did a little organizing before you got here."

"Aww..." The woman wrapped her arms around David's shoulders. "You're the perfect husband for me."

David let out a small chuckle. "Glad I am."

Someone clears a throat behind them. Stopping their sweet moments making them turned around. That's where everything started. A moment of life where David will keep doubting his life choice. That he knows that eventually, his true self will shows.