t w o

The bus rolled on toward Miami, the final stop of the tour. In just two days' time, Liam and the rest of the boys would be on a plane back to England, and he could not be more excited. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the States—he certainly did—but there was no feeling like being home. As he lay in his bunk, he scrolled through his Twitter feed, as he was wont to do. He usually didn't respond to fans, but one particular reply to him caught his attention.

@Real_Liam_Payne Daddy, you carry a Secret. I can help you uncover it. Check yo DMs bb.
– @nolaVoodooQueen, 8:56 PM, 4 Oct 2014

It was a response to his question the day before about the whole "Daddy" business. Now someone was addressing him as Daddy. The photo attached to the profile was that of a middle-aged black woman. Her hair was tied up in an elaborate headdress, and the few strands that managed to escape were braided and decorated with beads. He was curious what she would have to say to him, so he checked his direct messages.

Daddy,
You question the name Daddy, and understandibly so. You carry a dark Secret. It's time you knew the truth about who you are. Please, when the show in Miami is finished, do not board the plane to England. You will have a ticket to New Orleans. I would like you to visit me. I am an experienced Voodoo Seer, and I can answer all of your questions. I will wait for you at the airport.
Yours,
Mistress Belladonna Noblerouge, Voodoo Queen of New Orleans

He swiped to delete the message but hesitated. He read it again. I carry a secret? he thought. No, a Secret. He didn't know of any secrets he had, except that Harry had once contracted crabs after spending a drunken night with a fan, and then he gave it to Taylor Swift, who spread it god knows where. But other than that, he didn't know of any secrets he knew of.

He left it in his DMs and decided to think over the lady's offer.