Lost

I pulled my fleece around me, it was cold but I didn't care. I kept walking, at a quick steady pace. Fallen cotton were floating amongst the trees like early snow. I glanced around where the fuck am I going to go? I suddenly realized. Mom had the day off, so I couldn't go home, and I definitely would not be going back to that hell of a school. "The library? Yes! The library."

I had to walk back to my truck in the parking lot, because I would not be walking the mile that it takes to get there. Hell no.

⌠♡⌡

I pulled open the heavy red door to the Mt. Pleasant Public Library. The air smelled of dust and paper. It was a wonderful smell. I looked around, suddenly unsure how to occupy myself. Should look for a book to sit and read? Check my Pinterest on the computer? Listen to a book on tape? Finally I decided to find a book. Looking in my wallet to make sure I had my library card, and walked over to the bookshelves.

I felt lost in the shelves, but it in a calming way, as if I was hidden from the world's dangers. I grazed my hand along the spines of each book, until I found an interesting title. SaraBeth's Ultimate Adventure I read silently. It was about a girl overcoming her nations horridly violent ways, to protect her and her family. Sounds interesting enough, I decided.

As I mulled through SaraBeth's story, she felt, to me, more like I am every chapter.

Alone.