11

Sara|Tuesday

I was getting super paranoid why isn't he home yet. I heard the door open assuming it was him. But it was Dad.

"Oh."

"Wow missed you too." He said

"Sorry I thought you were Dae."

"Where is he?" He asked

"He went downtown to play ball with his friends. After I repeatedly told him not to."

"Ugh! Come on we're going to get him."

"Then his ringtone went off and of course he answered it."

"What's up? No. Stop fucking with me. Bro like I'm being deadass if you're joking with me or something. No. What hospital? Alright I'm on my way."

"What?! What happened!"

"A police officer shot Dae'Ton." He said with tears in his eyes

I knew this was gonna happen.

"Why the police officer shoot him."

"Cause he thought Dae's phone text notification was a weapon."

I thought about it. I sent him a text. Then I started cry.

"It's my fault if I hadn't sent him that text he wouldn't have been shot."

"No it's not your fault if these bum ass police."

I tried to pull myself together. And we both headed to the car to go to the hospital.

*At the hospital*

"I'm here for Dae'Ton Gloubourne." Dad said

"He's not available yet but he will be in about an hour." The lady said

"Alright."

We waited and waited. Some of dads friends ended up coming over like Trippie, Ayleks, Bryson, Chris no Ariana, and a few people I haven't met, and his family.

"Dae'Ton's ready for visiting." She said pronouncing his name wrong

"Actually i-" I started but Dad put his hand on my shoulder stopping me

We walked down to his room. It was so hard seeing him there hooked up to all the machines and everything. The monitor showed a steady heartbeat.

"He looks peaceful." I softly said

"Yeah."

Then his eyes started to flutter open. He looked around and smiled.

"What's up fuckers!" He said weakly making us laugh

"Damn what's up with you?" Dad asked

"Nothing just about to write a mean letter to 12 after I can feel my hands."

We all laughed.

"That's what I'm talking about! Bryson said

We spent a good 40 minutes talking to him until the doctors rushed us out. Then we all said bye to each other and went home since it was like 2 in the morning.

*At home*

"I'm glad he's ok." I said shutting the door

"Right."

"I'm going to try and get some sleep."

"Alright, you don't have to go to school tomorrow." He said

"Thanks." I said walking upstairs

Dae|Wensday

I woke up really thirsty and when I looked at the door it opened and it was the officer that shot me. I looked at him in disgust.

"Alright I'm going to make this quick. I'll give you 10 grand to make all of this go away."

"Fuck no. Everyone already know what happened. Another racist officer shooting an innocent teenager."

"20 grand."

"I don't want your money why don't you get that? Leave like really."

He sighed and left. Damn don't catch an attitude for something you did.

I know it's a short update but it's something.