• a death •

warnings: cussing, mentions of blood, and death

word count: 511

requested? no

low key made myself cry w/ this one lol

________

The smooth wood felt cold against Five's hand as he let it graze over the rounded surface. Things weren't supposed to be this way. The flowers on top were all types of different flowers on various shades of purple: your favorite color.

"Would you like to see her?" Vanya whispered from beside him.

Five nodded solemnly as a tear dropped from his eye and rolled down his cheek. It landed on the coffin just as Luther lifted the lid up.

You didn't look any different. Your eyes were shut, and instead of your hands covering your mouth from allowing a giggle to escape during an important mission, your hands were folded in front of your chest.

You were dressed in a pastel purple shirt and white overalls. Five laughed softly at the sight.

" 'When I die, dress me in a purple shirt and some overalls'," Klaus recited sadly. "We did as she asked."

Ben sighed from beside Klaus. "Tell them I say she's not in pain anymore."

Klaus smiled. "Ben says she's not in pain anymore."

Five nodded, more tears falling down.

You held purple flowers in your hand, the same one's Five got you the day before your death.

You weren't supposed to die. You shouldn't have died.

It was all the Commission's fault. They came looking for Five.

Ruthless and cold, when Y/N got in their way they made no effort to keep her alive.

The worst part was Five watched it happen.

You didn't know what was gonna happen. All you knew was one second you're fighting some random guys in black and the next second there's a knife stuck in your chest.

You'd collapsed to the ground, clutching your stomach before pulling the knife from your chest.

Five took out the guys before rushing over to you, a pool of blood already under you.

"Stay with me," Five grunted. "Please, stay with me."

You smiled weakly and raised a hand to his cheek. "I'm gonna be ok. I love you, Five."

Five shook his head. "Shut the fuck up. Stop talking like you're gonna die because you're not."

You shook your head and giggled softly. "Five, always the optimist."

Gasping, he pressed a cloth to your chest. "Shut the fuck up. Shut up. You're not gonna die until I say so."

"I love you, Five, never forget that."

Your eyes fluttered close, and, slowly, your breathing began to go slower and slower until you weren't breathing at all.

As Five clutched you closer to himself, your blood soaking up his shirt.

Five sobbed against your limp body in his hand, letting a blood curling scream rip from his throat.

Thinking back on it now only made Five cry harder. He placed his hand on the edge of your coffin, steadying himself before he could faint from the stress.

"I'm sorry, Y/n."

Allison set her hand down on Five's shoulder. "I'm sorry. We loved her too."

"It's all-all m-my fault," he stuttered.

Diego shook his head. "Don't beat yourself up over this."

Klaus nodded. "She's with Ben now."

Klaus turned to Y/n's coffin to see her step out. "Y/n?!"

Five's head shot to Klaus. "Where? What do you mean?"

"Hey, Klaus," Y/n grinned. "Hey, Ben. Miss me?"