four

Throughout two years, Chuuya and Yukino grew close. She continued torturing people the Mafia didn't like and she continued to enjoy it, but she learned to become more calm. Dazai teased her for it, but she would simply smack his head and ignore him.

Now, 17-year-old Yukino had her arms wrapped around Chuuya's neck from behind. He was giving her a piggy-back ride. Her cheek was pressed against his ear as they finished a job together. Chuuya threw the armed guards to the side with his ability, while Yukino simply enjoyed the show.

"You smell nice today," she whispered.

He shivered. "Don't do that, you crazy idiot."

"Do what?" She blew into his ear. "That?"

"I'll kill you."

She giggled. "Not if I kill you first. Are we almost done? I'm getting hungry."

"Yeah, almost. I don't know why you insist on taking Dazai's place if you're going to be clinging onto me the whole job," he commented.

"Because we both know you hate Dazai and the job is much easier without him. If he were here, he'd probably be dangling off some tree branch and somehow survive," Yukino retorted.

Chuuya clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Just talking about him makes me want to kill him."

Yukino laughed. "Let's focus on the job, lover boy. I can't possibly stay this young forever."

He sighed, but continued the job. "Whatever."

She smiled the whole way through, and when they finished the job, Chuuya took her to McDonald's and bought her a meal. She was absolutely satisfied with her life at that very moment. However, her life was about to change for worse the very next day.