Chapter four

They drove in his car to her parent's house. They were quiet not saying a word. Both were in their own world.

Dimitri looked over to Hope and saw she was frowning. "What is wrong?" "I am just thinking about what my mother said. She has forbidden me from talking to you."

"I didn't get that memo." He said lighting the mood. They stopped at a red light. "Mitri, can I ask you something?" "Sure." He replied.

"Where did you get the platinum ring? Did you already buy it?" His grip on the stearin wheel tightening. His knuckles turning white. "You don't have to tell me." She replied quickly.

"It is a long sad story." He replied. "I got time." She said softly. "It was my best friend's wedding ring. I was his best man. He married the love of his life and they were so happy. He was so excited to start a family."

Dimitri kept his eyes focus on the road. "They booked a cottage in the mountains, on their honeymoon. They went hiking each day and one day his wife tripped over a rock and sprained her ankle. He carried her down to the cottage. He had the doctor came."

Hope unknowingly placed her hand on his leg. "He collapsed and died. It turns out when he picked her up did a venomous snake bit him. It took him forty minutes to reach the cottage. By that time was it too late. His wife couldn't accept it and nearly lost her mind. She gave me his ring because she does want to be reminded that he died because of her."

They stopped at her house. "I am sorry." "Yeah, me too." They got out of the car and went into the house. 'This is it.' Hope told herself before she walked into her house. Dimitri saw how tense she was and held her hand.

They walked into the dining room and found Hope's father with a small smile on his face, her mother with a scowl and her grandfather angry. Everyone looked up and was surprised to see Hope and Dimitri.

Her grandfather was the only one who hadn't looked up. He was busy looking through a document when he spoke. "Hope, your father just told us something interesting about you but none the less will this wedding go through even if you were-"

"I couldn't agree with you more, sir." Dimitri spoke. Her grandfather head snapped up at the voice and his face went from angry to furious. "What is the meaning of this?!" He yelled.

"Fiona, I told you to forbid her from seeing or contacting him!" He yelled at Hope's mother. "You need to leave right now Dimitri and Hope we will talk about this later." He yelled.

"That is not going to happen and it is Mr. and Mrs. Levine to you. You see we are already married. So, you and whatever deal you thought you could milk from Hope is gone." Dimitri spoke trying to control his anger.

"You ungrateful bitch, you little slut." Her grandfather spoke before he slapped Hope across her face. Hope's eyes widened as she touched the place where her grandfather had slapped her.

"You will regret that." Dimitri warned before he took a shell-shocked Hope to his car. He buckled her in and drove to his house. His house was closer than his apartment. He looked over at Hope and saw she was still in shock and couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

He pulled into his garage and helped Hope to the sitting room. "Hope." He spoke softly and gently shaking her. Dimitri threw a glass of water in her face after trying for five minutes.

Hope gasped as the cold water slapped her face. "I am sorry but you wouldn't snap out of it." Dimitri spoke giving her a small towel. "It is fine." She wiped her face dry.

"I had never seen him so angry and he never lifted his hand for me. I was truly frightened by him." She spoke softly. Dimitri pulled her into a hug. "Shh, it's okay. He will never hurt you again and if it help's he scared me too."