Jab We Met/ Rockstar Spinoff

"Geet puttar, chai pile, thandi ho jayegi" Geet snapped out of her reverie at her Mausi's remark. She shifted her gaze on the chai and sighed just as a shadow formed over it.

"O ji, dusri chai lau ji? Garma garam?"
Jordan looked at the girl warily as her eyes settled in a daze and she spoke with an evil lilt to her tone. "Badhiya, I can go splash it all over Anshuman's cheating face."

Jordan's ears perked. "If you don't mind ma'am, can I ask you something?" He grabbed the nearest chair and sat on it tentatively. Before giving her a chance to respond he continued, "Aapko kya heartbreak hua he?"

"Excuse me ji?" Geet splurged, a little annoyed at this stranger's insensitivity.

"I meant to say that do you get cheated ma'am? Matlab, aapne kisi se dil tudva liya he kya? Because what happens, I want to know how it feels.. Vese kiya kya launde ne? Birthday bhool gaya kya- mphhh aghh!!"
A pink handprint slowly morphed on Jordan's cheek. Geet had stalked out of the cafe after slapping him.

Jordan sat glued to the chair, stunned by what just happened. Katala bhai emerged out of the kitchen and rammed a heavy hand on his shoulder. "Gadhe.. aise koi ladies ke sath baat karta hai kya? Jaa! Ja ke maafi mang uss kudi se"

This pulled him out of his trance and Jordan hesitated a little, memory of the sharp pain on his cheek buzzing his intentions but he decided to listen to Katala Bhai.

"Uhh... Excuse me?" He cautiously went and stood behind the girl. She had long brown hair and Jordan found himself itching to run his fingers through them.

"I'm sorry!" They said in unison. Geet turned around in surprise and noticed the boy from before scratching his neck in nervousness.
He had a carefree, childlike innocence that was hard to miss.

"Mujhe wo sab nhi kehna chahiye tha.. Sorry ji.. Wo kya hai na.. Maine kabhi vesa kuch dard feel nahi kia, is liye..." He rambled a bit and said the last part like it was the topmost in the FOMO category.

Geet frowned in curiosity and said, " Dil tudvane ki itni kya jaldi hai?"

"So darassal Katala bhai kehte hai ek ache singer ki avaz logo tak tabh pahuchti hai jab usme khut khut ke dard bhara ho.." He smiled another shy smile and stuck his hand out, "Vaise I'm Jordan ji, struggling singer, nice to meet you"

"Geet." Geet returned the handshake but the smile got stuck somewhere in her thoughts.

"Jordan? Ek free advice du?...."

•••

"Geet ji ye aap hume kheto me kyu lekar aayi ho?"
Jordan asked the girl again while internally questioning himself as to why he had complied on this strange girl's request..

Geet was smiling. "Ye accha hai na.."
She leaned back on the haystack and said.

"Aankhe band karo Jordan" He glimpsed a soft smile on her features before Geet placed her hands over his eyes.
"This is how it felt when Anshuman ditched me. This is how it feels when a heart breaks.. The mustard fields, the crooning birds swooping between wisps of clouds, they're all still there, but this heart doesn't want to see them anymore."

Her hands dropped down to Jordan's shoulders and so did her voice.
"Do you want that Jordan?" Geet chuckled while Jordan sat there, stunned for the second time that day. "No you don't."