Chapter Five

Mr. King handed me a tissue and showed me to his bathroom allowing me to get myself cleaned up. When I was finished I walked back and sat on the bed thanking him. We walked to my room and he pulled put a chair sitting in it.

"Okay Ms. Jenkins lets discuss money, do you have enough to buy something nice? If not I can hel-"

I cut him off by turning around with wads of cash in my hands with a grin.

"No sir Mr. King im covered no need for any help, but I do appreciate your concern."

Baffled he nods his head.

"Very well then, where would you like to go?"

Feeling high standard I remember passing a particular store on the way here.

"Well I see a collab store with Gucci and Luie? Can we go there?"

He smiles and agrees.

¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤

I look around the store feeling memorized, everything here looked so, perfect, qnd expensive. After looking around for a while I end up buying a few outfits and other accessories such as, bags, belts, sunglasses, jewelry, shoes, underwear and bras, and other small knick-knacks.

As we are on our way back I feel a sense of pride wash over me, I had gotten away from that bastard. He was gone!

"Ms. Jenkins, how do you have so much money if you dont mind me asking. I know its not from working for me. Are you like a drug dealer?"

I chuckled and my cheeks got a bit red I think.

"No sir, it's just a buch of time all built up and saved. Decided I was going to spoil myself while I was here considering I never do."

I just told a big fat lie to my future boss, but what else was I supposed to say? Well I have it because I stole it from my ex. My point exactly.

●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

We walk into a big beautiful restaurant, it was amazing. It had chandeliers hanging at every table, a big fountain in the middle of the room, waterfalls on the walls. Just. Beautiful. 

"Table for two I assume?"
I hear a voice from behind us.

"Uh- no sir actua-"

"Yes please we had reservations, it should be under King, and make it quick, thank you." Mr. King ask politely.

Sitting at our table the waiter brings us our wine and walks off.

"So Ms. Jenkins I made this reservation for us because I don't quite know you that well, and if your going to be my assistant I need to know about you, don't you think? So do tell me about yourself. " He says sipping his wine.

"Well there is really not much to know about me sir. I work for you as a journalist. Make a little over minimum wage, I live with my boyfriend Dal. Really thats about it sir."

"Hmm I see, how long have you and this Dal character been together? Im being nosy if it helps I've been married for 6 years now to my wife Jess."

"Well that sounds amazing sir, and me and Dal have been together for about two years now."

"Ah I remember the youth of a relationship, careful you will end up like me and wake up every morning rushing to work to get away from your significant other. She drives me crazy."

"Well believe me when I say this I know exactly what your talking about."

Mr. King places his hand on my arm.

"Miss Jenkins, I-"

"Hi, may I take your order?"

He removes his hand and places them on his lap clearing his throat.

"Uhm yes please, I'd like a flamed boúoņé, and another bottle of your freshest wine please, Ms. Jenkins?"

"Uhm, I would like the same as him please."

"Okay, I'll be back shortly with your appetizers and wine."

》°《》°《》°《》°《》°《》°《》°《》°《

    Letting the water hit my face, I let let out a sigh. Yeah I may have hated Dal, but he was all I had and even though he was the only one beating me, he was also the only one who was loving me. I felt lost, I didn't know what to do on my own. Out here in the big scary world all on my own I don't know what to think or how to feel. The only person I knew was Mr. King and I can't talk to him about it. I don't think he wants a work bestie.

I get out of the shower, brush my teeth and hair, and finish my skin care. Laying in bed all I can do is look at the ceiling but my phone went off.

_________________________________________
New message
3:56 am

Dal

Your fucking dead you stupid whore.
_________________________________________

Shit.

Beep

_________________________________________
New message
3:56 am

Dal

I will find you, and I will hurt you.
_________________________________________

At this point there was no chance even thinking about holding my tears in. All I could do was curl up in a ball and sob. I was so scared I started shaking like I was in sub-zero temperatures. I guess I was crying pretty loud because the next thing I knew Mr. King was bursting through my door and rushing over to me. I was so petrified I didn't stop crying or shaking. He sat on the bed and pulled me close to his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey, whats going on here."

I was so embarrassed, I couldn't speak.

"Listen whatever is going on here lately don't think I haven't noticed, I'm here and I'm not saying this as your coworker, I'm saying this as a friend. Now I'm not gonna force you to tell me anything, but I will tell you this. Im not going anywjere until your okay, I don't care how long it takes. You don't have to speak one bit but I'm not leaving."

And he was telling the truth. He didn't leave for what felt like hours, he just held me in his arms and stroked my hair until I fell asleep and tucked me in leaving a glass of water by my bedside in case I woke up.

¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥

Like I said they will be getting longer.

I hope you guys are enjoying.

Next chapter will be a lil spicy so get ready.

But in the meantime,

Thank you for reading!

Lolie 🎈