Chapter 5- Love Is a Big Pile of Shit

This is the first trailer I've ever made so I hope you like it. If anybody else wants to make a trailer it will be greatly appreciated.

HEADS UP. ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER IS THE START OF SOMETHING BIG

"So what was that about?"

"Huh?" I question, snapping back into reality.

"I said why were you talking to Adrian Callahan?" Lucy repeats while taking a bite of her sandwich.

"I'm living with him," I reply while giving her an incredulous look. "And how do you know him?"

"My last names Pierce. I'm a descendant from the original town creators. My parents are on the town council with Adrian, and honestly Isabel. I think he's bad news..." She trails off.

I shrug my shoulders and grab a chocolate chip cookie out of my lunch bag, examining it in great detail. "Oh well. I'm stuck with him for the rest of the year so it really doesn't matter if he's 'bad news'," I reply as I try to figure out how many chocolate chips are in it.

Lucy yanks the chocolate chip cookie out of my hand and places it on her lunch bag. I remain frozen staring at her with wide eyes. Why the hell did she take my cookie?

"Isabel this is serious. I need you to listen and pay attention to me, okay?"

I slowly nod my head, my eyes flickering down to my cookie and back up. "Alright Lucy I'm listening."

"Adrian's family has a sketchy past. I don't know if he's caught up in something bad or not but I get this really bad feeling when I'm around him. And usually when I get a bad feeling something bad happens and that person's the culprit. So please Isabel be careful, alright? I don't want to lose my only friend," she says with a furrowed eyebrow and concern written all over her face.

I sigh. "Don't worry about me Lucy I'll be fine. And about that bad feeling thing I'm sure it's nothing. Why don't you come over for dinner tonight to see that this bad feeling thing is just a flux? You're family can come too if they want."

She nods her head hesitantly. "I don't think they're doing anything tonight so we'll be over."

"Good," I say, grabbing my cookie and popping it into my mouth, the delicious chocolate flavor exploding around my taste buds. "And next time you ever want my attention don't take away my food. Because I will literally kill you."

********

"Could you guys try to act less like pigs? They're going to be here in 5 minutes and the table is still covered with your junk," I yell while stirring the spaghetti noodles. Groaning, Tyler gets up from the nice couch and trudges towards the table. I hear some clanging and crashing until suddenly it's silent.

"Cleared it," he yells back as he mumbles something to Adrian out of my hearing. As if the timing was planned the doorbell rings.

"Tyler go get the door!" I command while trying to finish the noodles. The oven blares a loud beeping noise, signaling the brownies are done and I can't help but let out an agitated groan. "Adrian can I have some help please?"

I hear no reply, so skillfully I open the oven and reach for the pan of brownies.

Wearing no oven mit.

I let out a scream and automatically release the brownies sending them falling towards my foot. Before they can hit my foot Adrian pops out of nowhere and catches the burning hot pan of brownies, then quickly sets them down. Seeing that I'm just standing there he yanks my arm towards the sink and turns on the cold water, shoving my hand under it. "Everyone's entitled to be stupid but you Isabel abuse the privilege," he growls while draining the noodles and throwing the sauce on them before they get a chance to burn.