chapter one

i was innocently sitting in my room and making tiktoks when my stupid mom burst through the door.

"pack up your things, quickly," she sneered.

"what?! why?"

"because i sold you so i have money to feed my coacaine addiction. now come with me and meet your new owners."

i quickly grabbed my clothes and a few momentos and walked into the living room. i was shocked at what i saw...

"joe deets? is that you?!"

but when i looked past joe, i was even more delighted. i saw matt tirman, sarah blossom, leslie schneider, rasham nassar, ron peltier (ew), and... no, it couldn't be! it was kol medina.

"KOL?!"

he chucked. "yep, that's me!"

i saw matt hand my mother a large stack of cash. well, at least i was worth a lot in the coulcil's
eyes!

i felt a hand on my back. it was kol!

"come on, maia, we should get going." he spoke gently, yet gruffly. it was so calming!!!

i hopped in their truck and we drove to city hall.

"we're home!" joe yelled.

"what?! you guys live here?"

mr deets looked at me kindly and replied, "little girl, there's a lot about us you don't know."

time skip

it turned out that below the city hall was an entire house where everyone lived. since my bedroom hadn't been set up yet, kol said i could sleep with him, just for a few nights. this thought made my heart skip a beat. 'no maia! get it together! he's your daddy now, this stupid little crush has to end." i thought.

i got into my jammies and crawled into bed next to kolby. with him by my side, there wasn't anything i couldn't do!

"so maia... i have something to tell you," kol began.

"what is it?"

"i know you're my daughter and all now, but ever since i first saw you at the city council meeting in the audience, i haven't stopped thinking about you. you're the most gorgeous girl i have ever seen."

i was in shock. "wow..."

but before i could finish, kol reached out to put his hand on my cheek and leaned in. gently, he kissed me.

"goodnight, princess."