1

Sasha POV*

"Talia come on let's go!" I scream to my 15 year old sister from the bottom of the stairs. She comes running down the stairs and I examine her outfit.

"That's my shirt. And my shoes. You little whore go change." "Oh my god no." "Yes. I'm taking YOU ice skating you're changing." She rolls her eyes and walks back upstairs. "And be quick!"

She reminds me a lot of myself we look quite a bit alike except her hair is darker and she's shorter than me. We bicker but she's like my bestfriend. Our parents are home a lot so it's really just us.

I start up my black jeep as Talia finally gets in in clothes that aren't from my closet. "So what are you doing tonight." She plugs in her phone and starts playing Playboi Carti songs. We pull out of our gated home.

"Um I'm not sure yet. I got invited to this party in West Hollywood." "Can I come?" I snort at her response as I turn right. "Yea you fucking wish." "Well why not?" "T it's all like coke heads at these parties I'm not taking you to that."

She rolls her eyes at me. "Well then why do you go?"
"Because, it's important for work stuff. Shut up you don't know anything."

When we get to the ice skating rink I made my sister take pictures for me for my instagram. I pose infront of the car in my ripped black skinny jeans and light blue long sleeved cropped sweater with white airforces.

"You're so annoying." She squints trying to take my picture in the sun. After about 100 quick pics we go inside to pay and she runs away to meet up with her friends.

Since I have to wait her for her anyways since the traffic isn't worth going anywhere by the time I have to come get her, I decide to get some skates too for fun. Trying to be more adventurous.

$5 and I've traded my shoes in for the ice skates and my hand is on the rail trying to keep myself from falling. Talia and her friends all skate past me in their weird group.

I don't have many friends due to the fact that I do homeschool because people can be really fake to you when you're an influencer. I have 4.3 million YouTube subscribers and 5 million instagram followers.

I look around at all the people here at this indoor ice skating rink in LA. Mostly family's and some middle schoolers and a camp field trip. There's also a group of teenage boys around my age that are quite experienced all skating really fast swerving around each other.

I'm watching them and then the one in the dark blue hoodie cuts around his friend and crashes right into me. I fall against the wall and his body lands right on me. I seriously want to die right now.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" He immediately gets up and his friends all stop to see what's happened. "Here let me help you." The boy reaches down and grabs my hand to help me up.

"Are you okay?" I pause as I think of what to say to this really cute boy with his hand on my arm. "Yea, um sorry." "I'm the one who ran into you." His smile is big and he lets go of me.

"Hey dumbass my mom is here we gotta go." Another boy says to the one who ran into me. He looks at me again. "Sorry again. Bye." And with that he skates away from me. And I watch him exchange his shoes and leave.

Talia comes up a moment later. "Dude what happened." "I don't even know he just ran into me he was so cute though." "I saw. Did you get his number." "No way he was with all this friends that's embarrassing. I'll be waiting on a bench till your done." I get off and wait for another hour and half for my sister.

At around 10:30 pm I finish my makeup and check my completed look. Simple black silky dress with nude heels and gold jewelry. "Bye I'll be back later." "Bye Sashay." Talia calls me her nickname for me and I grab my phone to go outside for my uber.

I usually don't drink or smoke at parties but I'd rather be safe than sorry so I just uber plus then you don't have to worry about parking. The driver is an older Hispanic lady who tries to make conversation but her English isn't very good. I make sure to tip her well when I arrive at the Hollywood home.

"Vera!" My closest influencer friend is waiting for me outside. "This party is insane come on I'm friends with the dude throwing it we're going on the roof.

I spot several people I know on the way upstairs and politely smile and wave. Keeping to myself and my group is where I feel safest. There's a group of around 45 people on the roof balcony of the modern mansion.

"Sasha this is my friend Mark he's throwing the party." "Hey what's up." The sweating man who's probably some club promoter or manager nods at me before looking back to the model he's trying to flirt up.

"Cool friend V." "I'm gonna go get us some sparkling water I'll be right back." I stand by myself looking at the view of the city.

"Oh my god it's you! The girl from the ice rink!" A familiar voice says from behind me. The boy in the blue hoodie is talking to me but now has changed into a black outfit.

"Hi." I try to respond quickly to avoid another awkward silence. "How crazy is this?" "I never caught your name today." "I'm Sasha." "Shawn." He extends his hand to shake it.

It's now I realize who this boy is. Shawn Mendes. Singer. He went on tour with some friends of mine and we followed each other on vine.

Vera comes up behind him about 20 feet away with drinks but when she sees him she raises her eyebrows and then sends me a wink before turning the other way.

"So what do you do." Shawn sits down on one of the chairs around the fire pit and I follow. "What do you mean." "Well everyone in LA does something. What's your thing." "Influencer stuff. It's stupid but it makes life a lot more interesting."

"Wait, I remember you! From vine yes Sasha Eline." "You remember that?" "Of course I do. Your videos were funny. Don't you know Cameron?" "Yea and Matt we're all friends I remember you toured with them."

A caterer comes around and offers us champagne. "No thanks." "I'm good." I laugh at us both declining. The man with the tray walks away and Shawn looks at me.

"Hey sorry again for slamming into you today." "It's fine I promise. Stop apologizing you Canadian." A man who's older and dressed like he has his shit together walks over. "Shawn come over I want you to meet your new stylist." Upset that our time has been cut short I look to him to see goodbye.

"Well it was ni-" He stands up. "Come on Sasha you can come with. Andrew this is Sasha I ran into her today and now we're friends." His smile and intense niceness makes me blush.

The three of us walk over the group of important music people. After talking to different people for what really seemed like forever it was just me and Shawn together.

"Oh damn it's almost 12 I should probably head home." Fuck why did I sign up for that soul cycle class at 7 am. He lightly grabs my wrist "Well at least give me your number. We ran into each other twice this has gotta be like fate or something." "Okay." Luckily it's dark and he can't see me blush again.

We trade phones and put contacts in. Contacts already? Yea this kid definitely isn't from LA. I like it though. "I'll walk you out."

When my uber arrives outside he hugs me goodbye. "Bye Sasha I'll see you tomorrow." "Yea, wait what?" He shuts my door and the car starts to drive. In the mirror I can see him stand there until we're out of sight.