CHAPTER TWO

so i've decided to do each chapter in an alternating pov, so as the last one was more of kennedy's, this one will be fred's, and then back to kennedy, and so on. hope you enjoy the chapter! ❞

FRED AND GEORGE WERE BOTH sitting in their room early in the morning that they were supposed to leave for their sixth year of Hogwarts, staring impatiently at Fred's wrist.

"Maybe I came off too strong or something!" Fred worried, he really didn't want to ward off his soulmate, he just wanted to meet her.

George rolled his eyes. "Merlin, Fred, you worry too much. You'll be just fine."

"But what if they don't like me, or-"

"Of course they don't like you," George said with another Weasley patented eye roll. "They don't bloody know you. That's why you have to let them get to know you, genius."

Fred was going to respond, but he felt the uncomfortable feeling in his wrist that he never particularity enjoyed, and shushed George without looking up from the words that were being written on him.

Who even are you?

"Maybe they don't like you, then," George laughed. Fred shot him a look. "Joking, joking!"

"Wait," Fred said, a wave of relief washing over him. "That's not their handwriting!"

"How would you know?"

"They've written me stuff before, usually telling me to stop drawing on myself," Fred said as if it was obvious. "And this isn't their handwriting. Whoever is writing this, it isn't my soulmate, which means they're not being completely rude to me!"

George laughed as he shook his head. "Well, what are you going to do about this? Are you even going to respond?"

"Yeah, obviously," Fred said, now rolling his eyes exactly as George had. "I'll just tell them who I am, simple enough. I know they go to Hogwarts, anyways, so we'll be able to meet."

"Come on, Fred," George said, taking the quill that Fred was holding and dipping it into the ink that was resting on Fred's nightstand. "You can't just give them the answer, you have to play hard to get! Girls find that endearing!"

"And if they're a boy?"

"I mean, I find it pretty endearing, I have dating boys who like people who don't just throw out everything about themselves automatically, so..."

"But-"

Before Fred could continue to argue, George started to write his response for Fred onto Fred's wrist.

Come on, darling, do you really think I'm going to let you know me that easily? Love doesn't work like that.

"What if I come off as an asshole, George?"

"You won't," George ensured his brother. "They'll like it."

"But what if they don't?"

"Seriously, you worry too much."

"Fred, George, time to go!" The twins father, Arthur Weasley, yelled from down the stairs.

"Alright, one second!" Fred yelled, grabbing the quill and dipping it into the ink, and writing one last message to his so called 'soulmate'.

I hope you see you soon, xx Mr. Mystery Man

Fred's lips formed into a satisfied smile, and when he looked up, George's face mirrored it.

"Well, it looks like you're going to be having a new kind of fun these year, dear brother."

"Yes, it does."

"Boys, hurry up! You're going to be late!"

chapter two ❞

588 words ❞

beautiful banner made by @.wigglypuff on quotev ❞

guess who still has an inability to write a long chapter? mE! anyway, thanks for reading! have a nice day! <3 ❞