CHAPTER ONE

KENNEDY SIGHED AS SHE FELT the all too familiar tingling in her arm. She looked down at it, and saw another note scribbled on her wrist. I want to meet you. Like badly.

April looked at Kennedy's wrist and ran her fingers over the writing. "Awe! Seems like you have such a cute soulmate, Kennedy!"

Kennedy rolled her eyes. "Whoever it is, they seemed to start caring around the end of last year. I got literally no notes from them last year, only the occasional crude drawing. And now they care? I don't even know anything about them. Soulmates are dumb."

April grabbed a pen- a muggle device that was like a quill that Kennedy had introduced to her- off of the table and then grabbed Kennedy's wrist.

"April-"

"Shut up," April said, clicking the pen and writing Who even are you? on her best friends wrist. "There. Now we wait."

"April!" Kennedy exclaimed. "I don't want to come off like a complete jackass!"

"You won't," April smiled. "If they really want to know you, they won't say anything, and then play really hard to get."

"What do you even know about soulmates?" Kennedy asked doubtfully. April and her soulmate never really exchanged anything ever since hers told her that he didn't care if they were soulmates because he was completely in love with someone else and nothing could change that. April didn't care- or, at least, she didn't show it- and has spent her Hogwarts years flirting endlessly because she didn't have a soulmate to care about. "Honestly-"

Kennedy cut herself off because the familiar tingling returned on the back of her hand this time. Come on, darling, do you really think I'm going to let you know me that easily? Love doesn't work like that.

April smirked as she read the note. "See! He's playing hard to get!"

"Whatever, you're always right anyways," Kennedy laughed, April joining her. "Soulmates are pointless."

"True that, sister."

They made their way up to April's room, where Kennedy had stayed for most of the summer after the incident with her parents. The two best friends grabbed their stuff and went back downstairs, where April's twin brother was waiting impatiently.

"Come on!" Connor said. The Gryffindor boy kept anxiously looking out the window, where Mister and Misses Davids were sitting in the car. "We're picking of Nathan on our way!"

Nathan was Connor's best friend, who also happened to be madly in love with April.

April groaned. "Seriously?"

"You guys are soulmates," Kennedy grinned, making a hand gesture similar to jazz hands. "Meant to be, right, Connor?"

Connor smiled, his blue eyes bright. "Obviously! Who knows, April, maybe Nathan was your soulmate and he was the one who didn't want to meet you because he was also in love with you!"

Kennedy and Connor both laughed at the annoyed expression that graced April's face.

April rolled her eyes at the two, mildly annoyed that her best friend would agree with her brother on such a horrible matter. "Let's just get in the car."

The three made their way out to the families car, throwing their trunks into the trunk.

When all three kids were inside of the car, April said in a slightly whiny tone, "Why can't we just apparate there?"

Both parents said nothing, not even turning around to address April as they were used to her complaining about not being able to avoid waiting for anything. Kennedy stifled a laugh, and April shot her a look.

April felt another tingling in her arm.

I hope you see you soon, xx Mr. Mystery Man

Whoever her soulmate was, April had a feeling that he was going to continue to play hard to get.

chapter one ❞

668 words ❞

thanks for reading! have a nice day! <3 ❞

beautiful banner made by @.wigglypuff on quotev ❞