Part 3

Kenzie POV

Emily and I walk out of the changing rooms together and out onto the field where the boys are currently doing football tryouts and the rest of the girls are lined up waiting for us to arrive.

I grab the board and see that only 10 people signed up this year, usually we have about 20 girls trying out. I start reading through the list of names but I stop when I see two names that I don't recognize. I know everyone that goes to this school, why don't I know them?

Kenzie Ziegler (Cheer Captain) 

Emily Skinner (Cheer Captain)

Maddie Ziegler

Lexi Jayde

Eden McCoy

Indiana Massara

Mads Lewis

Dylan Conrique 

Annie Leblanc

Jayden Bartels

"Hey Em," I say, walking over to her. "Do you know a Annie Leblanc or Jayden Bartels?"

"I don't know them," She tells me. "But I heard that there were two new girls moving here, maybe that's them."

"Well, I guess we're about to find out." I say glancing upwards and watching them walk over to us.

" I say glancing upwards and watching them walk over to us

"Hi there." I say smiling at them both as they walk over to Emily and I. "You must be new here, I'm Kenzie."

"And I'm Emily." Annie adds.

"Nice to meet you." They smile. "I'm Annie."

"Jayden." The other one says.

"Are you planning on trying out dressed like that?" I ask them.

"Yes, we didn't bring any other clothes with us." Jayden says. 

"We didn't expect to be trying out today, it was kind of a last minute thing." Annie explains.

"Aha well good luck with that." I say, with a laugh.

"Take your place in line with the other girls." Emily tells them.

We walk in front of everyone and start to explain how things are going to go. This is kinda pointless if you ask me, we do this every year and every year the team is exactly what we expect it to be.

"We're going to turn some music on, we'll call you out one by one and you'll freestyle along to it, be sure to show us your best tricks, nothing less." Emily explains to everyone. "After that we'll give you some choreo to do, OK?"

Everyone nods and says yes.

"Great, lets get to it then." I say and turn the music on. "FIRST UP, MADDIE!"

She dances and she does amazing, just as expected. I have no doubt she'll be in the team this year; even if her audition didn't go well I'd make sure she'd get in the team. Next is Lexi and she does incredibly well, I am so impressed by her, she's improved even more since last year. After Lexi , its Eden's turn; everyone knows Eden is going to get in, she's been in this team as long as Emily and I have (3 years). A few other girls have their turn, but they don't do so well and they probably won't be getting in.

"ANNIE! You're turn hun." I shout.

She walks out looking unconfident and nervous, I roll my eyes, I don't have time for this. But all of a sudden she breaks out into this incredible dance and I am left standing there in shock. And then Jayden joins her. What is she doing? This is a solo dance? Can I disqualify them both for cheating? Jayden is just as good as Annie... I think they might even be as good as Emily and I.

Emily whispers in my ear, "Are you seeing this?"

"I hate them." I whisper back to her. "STOP!"

The music turns off and everyone stands there staring at me, looking scared which they should be.

"What do you two think you doing, huh?" I ask, all sassy. "This is a solo audition, not a duet. I should disqualify you both right now."

"You wouldn't do that." Annie snaps.

"You need us." Jayden adds, smiling so bitchily I just want to slap the smile right off her face.

"Need you?" Emily walks right up to her face. "We don't need you. Your dancing is sloppy as hell, we definitely don't need that."

I walk up to Emily and stand beside her, ready to defend her no matter what. "Back off bitches, before things get really bad for you."

"Is that a threat?" Annie asks, squinting her eyes at me.

"Not a threat, its just a warning." I state.

"Bring it on." Jayden smirks.

Oh she did not just go there.