Umbrella

I wake up to a rainy afternoon, I rub the sleep of my eyes and get dressed in a simple pair of jeans and shirt, I wear a plain pair of vans and leave. I feel just as gloomy as the weather today. I watch the rain drops fall as I make my way to the park for no reason.

          As I wait for my bus a stranger who was in a rush bumps into me, sending my umbrella flying to the ground. He didn't even apologize as he kept rushing off. As I pick my umbrella up a stranger offers me his handkerchief to dry myself with.

 He said. " Here." 

         As I gaze into the strangers eyes I freeze, I see the most beautiful pair of eyes. They were blue as the deep ocean and they seemed to be swirling as if they were expressing their owners emotion. His lips kept moving but I was to focused on his eyes that seemed to be showing concern. Until I heard him say.

 " Miss " 

I reply with a confused " What? "

He repeated " Are you alright? Where you hurt? "

I said " I'm fine. I was just caught off guard. "

He replied " Would you like to share my umbrella yours seem to have ripped. "

I check to see he was right there were tears on my umbrella it must've gotten torn by the bush it landed on.

 " Sure as long as you don't mind. "

He replied with a small smile " It's no problem at all. "

         As we both waited for the bus I tried stealing glances of him from time to time with him staring straight ahead I got to study his dirty blond hair, the sharp features of his face that made him look manly and his full lips and the dimples he flashed earlier gave him that cute effect. Feeling my neck strain made me realize that he was at least a few inches taller than me. He attempted to start a conversation as we wait.

 " Where would a pretty girl as yourself be heading off to in this weather? "

         At first I was weary he was a complete stranger and he could mean harm, yet something in me felt I could trust him.

I blushed being called pretty and answered. "To the park." 

"What a coincidence I was heading there too I heard about a new food truck there that sells great burritos. Would you like to join me? Only if your free I wouldn't want to impose. " 

 Feeling myself hunger from the lack of breakfast and lunch I agree." I would love to. It's not like I had anything planned. "

 "What's your name?" He asked.

 Without hesitation I answered " Lucy "

He replied. "Don't I get a last name?"

"I guess that will depend on how good those burritos are." I say with a smirk.

 He smiles and say"Well in that case why don't we go get ice cream after to make sure I get it. My treat. My name's Even by the way" 

We shake hands. "Even nice to meet you.

How wrong was I to trust a stranger....