ℭ.1: ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛʀɪɢᴜɪɴɢ

WC: 3389

“ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ, ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴍᴀʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ, ɪɴᴠᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ.”

– ʙᴇɴᴊᴀᴍɪɴ ꜰʀᴀɴᴋʟɪɴ

Y/N's P.O.V

I sighed at my H/L H/C hair blew in the wind from the small open window I was gazing out of. Below me, in the main court yard, the current class of Knights trained. Led by Turner, former Master of Speed, and Ray, the former Master of Fire. Turner was really the one who trained them, Ray watched and critiqued anyone out of place. Ray was a master with swords. His genetics carried heavily onto his son, Kai - the current Master of Fire.

The Knights were special. They either had to be excellent fighters or Elemental Masters. However, all the Elemental Masters were both. Kai was the cocky one, but extremely nice when he warms up to you. His friends consisted of Jay, Master of Lightning. Cole, Master of Earth. Zane, Master of Ice. And last, but most certainly not least, Prince Lloyd, Master of Energy and the carrier to all their powers. The main powers, and the most powerful. Then there was Nya, Kai's sister and my best friend. She was also the Master of Water.

Women weren't allowed to be Knights, Elemental Master or not. Considering it was so uncommon for a women to get the heredity gene for an Elemental, it was outspoken. Nya was a servant, like me, much to her whining. She was an excellent fighter, but rules are rules. For now. Since her brother is best friends with the Prince, so was she. And he had apparently promised to change that rule. However, I stayed in the side lines and refused to go close to the Prince. Nya tried to get me to hang out with them, but no such luck with my stubborn attitude. She eventually gave up.

You see, I was a special case. I knew about my birth mom. And Kai and Nya's parents being good friends with my mom and helping me to safety off the island. And pretty much my idiot dad. So, I've been trained. Dispite the law, I knew how to do everything the Knights knew how to do. Ray and Maya had trained me discretely. Growing up with the Smith's had its pros and cons. We were inseparable before Kai got his powers and became a Knight. However, I was never allowed to tell anyone of my training.

I frowned as I saw Chen, who was not at Elemental Master, laugh at Kai's friends. I knew all of them, they were kinda my friends to, not much, but we still knew of each other.

Side note, just because Lloyd is a Prince doesnt mean hes loved. In fact, alot of people dont really like the Royal Family. Lloyd's dad pulled a my dad years ago, but the Elemental Masters were able to get him away before two much permanent harm was caused. So Lloyd is teased, however it never gets physical, due to his title. But a good amount of people like him and are nice. Most girls just stare at him for his looks, and title. But me, he intrigues me. His fighting skills are magnificent. But, he was trained by Master Wu, his uncle and the first Spinjitzu Masters son. Lloyd had very powerful blood in him thanks to his dads side, hence the teasing.

But he was always flawless on the battle field. Unlike others who had minor slip ups or no honor. I heard Turner yell at Chen, who was also Mr. Popular at the school. I glared at Chen through the window. As I looked at the others, I caught Kai's eye. The brunette smirked and waved at me. Catching the attention of the others.

Kai and Nya both knew about my curiosity and love for watching the Knights train. They both encouraged me to train with them, I declined for obvious reasons. But it was fun to watch Kai train Nya behind everyone's back.

I waved back at the group. I saw Prince Lloyd approach the group, confused until he looked up to where the others were looking and waving. We made eye contact for a brief moment before I quickly went inside. I flushed and sighed. I knew I wouldnt be good enough for anyone down there.