11

y/n's pov
i cried as i made my way down the hallway, texting my mom to pick me up since i came with friends. i wiped my now smudged mascara off my cheeks, whimpering softly. i felt played more than anything. brandon has me absolutely wrapped around his finger, i would do anything for him. i sighed as i sat on the curb, not worried about my dress or appearance anymore. i stared at the floor until i heard the heavy metal doors open and feet shuffling towards me. i heard the faint sound of pop music as the doors creaked and finally shut, leaving me and whoever in total silence. the body sat next to me, sighing. i registered the voice as brandon's.

brandon's pov
i shrugged my jacket off, laying it on her shoulders. she pulled it close to her body, humming in acknowledgement. she was still so beautiful. i tossed the corsage onto the floor, the thin plastic box making a scuffed sound as it hit the pavement. i shook my head, pushing my hair back. i hated the silence between us. i had to fix this.

"y/n, i'm so sorry. i-i was going to be on time but i had to stop somewhere. it took longer than i thought it would."

i was greeted with silence, so i continued.

"you know i wouldn't hurt you on purpose-"

i cut myself off, filling with nerves as i prepared the next words to leave my mouth.

"i love you so much, y/n. you have no fucking clue. i'm so scared of loving someone, that i try to make it seem like i'm a dickhead so all the feelings die off. i'm scared of getting hurt. but, uh, if you never want to talk to me or see me ever again then that's fine, but please tell me how you feel."

i turned to y/n. i was greeted with her soft eyes and flushed cheeks. she began crying again, i frowned. did i hurt her again? i hope not. she wrapped her arms around my neck, crying into my suit jacket. i just wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing the top of her head, relief of just having her in my arms washed over me. she pulled away after a bit, recollecting her thoughts.

"i love you too, brandon. you know i would never hurt you. you don't have anything to fear, b. i'm here for you, always. even thought i wanted to punch you most of the time, i love you no matter what."

i smiled widely as she giggled, smiling. i took this chance and kissed her deeply, warmth filling my body as she kissed back. i stood up, grabbing the corsage, and holding my hand out for her to grab. she grabbed it and stood to her feet, giggling as i walked past her quickly to hold the door for her. she mumbled a soft thank you before putting on the corsage and making our way to the dance floor, greeting friends, and having the time of our lives. i've never been happier.

THE END

a/n: thank you all for reading:) it means the world that so many people cared about this book. i love you all.