Cast and Characters

BarbaraSieger5 as Ally Dawson, a smart girl and a singer-songwriter with severe stage fright and a quiet, shy personality.

Luke Hemmings as Austin Moon, an outgoing, confident, and talented singer.

Ariana Grande as Trish, Becca's best friend and Luke's manager. She is sarcastic, snarky, lazy, vindictive, has little patience, and has a bit of a temper, but cares very much for her friends.

Michael Clifford as Dez, an aspiring director with an odd personality and an unusual fashion style. He films all of Luke's music videos and is Luke's best friend. He's considerably dense and lacks much logical understanding which tends to leads him and the group into messy situations. He has a complicated love-hate relationship with Ariana.

Zayn Malik as Lester Dawson, Becca's cheapskate father who owns the music store Sonic Boom. He is completely ignorant of Becca's musical talents and believes that Becca has a billion-to-one shot at making it in the music business, just like Luke's parents have told him. He and Gigi, Becca's mother, are divorced.

Selena Gomez as Megan Simms, a 10-year old reporter and photographer for Cheetah Beat Magazine. Selena is eccentric and constantly uses teenage slang terms such as "totes" or "hilar". She is stubborn and nosy as well, as she is bent on getting the stories she's after for the magazine.

Simon Cowell as Jimmy Starr, the owner of Cowell Records who signs Luke to his record label.

Andrew Hemmings as Mike Moon, Luke's father, who co-owns the mattress store Hemmings' Mattress Kingdom.

Liz Hemmings as Mimi Moon, Luke's mother, who is used to be a hand model before co-owning Hemmings' Mattress Kingdom.

Sierra Deaton as Kira Starr, Simon Cowell's daughter and Luke's ex-girlfriend. Sierra temporarily had a case of repugnant breath, causing the group to be extremely wary of her throughout "Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath". Her bad breath was caused by her constant eating of garlic and anchovy pizza. Her bad breath cleared away afterward.

Calum Hood as Chuck, a short, country-speaking teenager who believes he is better than Michael at everything. Their rivalry follows a long history of their families feuding, so Calum and Michael often get into similar battles. He usually wears cowboy attire.

Demi Lovato as Mindy, the manager of the Melody Diner and has a crush on Michael. Michael himself has no interest in her and is more intimidated by her than anything, as Demi is overbearing and aggressive.

Ashton Irwin as Ronnie Ramone, the owner of Irwin Records, who signs Becca to his record label.

Ashley Tisdale as Carrie, a waitress at Shredder's Beach Club, Dove's sister, and Michael's girlfriend. She broke up with him in Los Angeles, but they got back together in "Wedding Bells & Wacky Birds".

Dove Cameron as Piper, Ashley's sister and Luke's ex-girlfriend.

Pete Davidson as Jace, a boy who Ariana met when she was on tour and Ariana's long-distance boyfriend.

Shawn Mendes as Gavin Young, a country performer and Becca's ex-boyfriend.

Louis Tomlinson as Benny, Ariana's younger brother.