Chapter 1 - We're back...

Dipper POV

 Gravity Falls... the little town with more supernatural beings than any place on earth. Mable and I are on our way back after five years away. Our mom and dad wouldn't let us go back after they found Mable's scrapbook which just so happened to have more than one photo of us doing dangerous things with creatures that shouldn't exist in it. Finally, now that we are eighteen we can come back.

  I stare out the window of the bus into the woods as we pass I see gnomes and pixies here and there. I can tell we're almost there. A couple of minutes later the bus starts to slow and come to a stop. "Last stop... Gravity Falls." The driver said tiredly. I pick up my bags and say thanks to the bus driver as Mable and I get off. Grunkle Stan, Wendy, and Soos were there to pick us up. 'Here we go' I thought to myself as plastered on a fake smile. "Hey, Grunkle Stan!" Mable yells from behind me as she charges at him to give him a bear hug. "Hey, there kiddos, good to see 'ya, how've ya been?" "Good." I said 'liar.' "GREAT!" Mable screamed over me as she finally released him from her death grip she calls a hug. "Hey dudes, welcome back" "Yeah, welcome guys. you've really grown up" Soos and Wendy chimed in. "Good to be back." Mable and I said at the same time. "Well then let's get back to the shack, you can put your stuff up and see Ford. He holed himself up in his lab again a few days ago and has only come out to eat." "Okay!" 

   We arrived at the shack and put our stuff in our room while Grunkle Stan told Ford we were here. As we went downstairs we saw Ford exiting his lab via snack machine. "Hey, kids. Glad you're back." Mable and I said our hellos and went to the kitchen seeing as it was past lunchtime and the bus didn't exactly have any food on it.

  After we ate we headed back to our room. While Mable went straight to bed I stayed up. On our way here one of the rest stops had a gift shop with pine tree notebooks in it. I thought it would be cool if I had a journal this summer. what it would be used for was still undecided when I bought it, but the pine tree on it seemed... fitting for me at least so I got it anyway. "Alright, here we go..." I whisper under my breath.

Day 1 'To be honest, whenever we went back home to Piedmont, I always felt like something was missing. Like I left a piece of my self here. After we went back to school it got worse. I couldn't make any friends at all while Mabel was a social butterfly. The only people who tried to get close to me were 'after Mabel's heart'. Eventually, I got sick and tired of it and asked our parents if I could be homeschooled and they let me but in the end, I became anti-social and it worried them. They started to make Mabel bring me along with her on the days she hung out with her friends. Mabel got annoyed after a while and started being distant towards me and so every day became filled with fake smiles and "I'm okay"s. I, however, stopped caring altogether. I became void of emotions and started to fake being happy when my favorite dish was cooked, or fake being sad when Waddles died. It was an endless cycle. After a while, she started talking to me and tried being friendly again, but it doesn't change anything. Just one more person to fake smile at. I Hoped by coming back here I would get some back. Before it's too late...' "And... done."  I yawned knowing it was time to sleep, so I went to bed.