Chapter 5- Filius de Stellae

A/N: Hey I'm back! Sorry, this took so long I was in Yellowstone National Park so it took a while longer to get back than I thought

Bill POV.     (Be sure to read Dipper's part too)

  'I have to get a look at his forehead! He shouldn't have that much power. He might be one of the children. He shouldn't be one but I can't think of any other explanation.  If he is how did he get here? This isn't good... how can I get him to show me his forehead? Damn bangs!' I take a break from my mental rant to look over at Pinetree. Pinetree is a few feet away from me looking at me like I stopped talking in the middle of a lesson... oh.... wait... I did. Shit. "So... Pinetree..." I trail off thinking of where to start. "What?" he asks me while my mind goes into a frenzy trying to come up with an excuse to get him to show me his forehead, and an excuse for being so shocked. I could tell him the truth? Like, 'Hey Pinetree I don't think you're human. NOW, let me see your forehead' Yeah, I don't think that would go over to well. I look over to Pinetree he's playing with his hair, it looks like he's trying to look for something. ...Idea... "Hey, Pinetree, everything okay?" I ask trying to sound as concerned as possible but not too rushed. "Well, my mentor is taking forever to... you know... mentor" He replies as he puts all of his weight on one leg and leans over as if he's against a wall and checks his nails looking up at me. 'Damn, when did he get such an attitude?... and sexy' I look him straight(GAY) in the eye and give him a deadpan expression, "I meant your forehead dumbass." He looks a bit taken aback for a minute and the looks up as if examining his own forehead. "Oh... well, when I was saying the spell I felt a bit of a burning sensation in my forehead. I was worried I set it on fire accidentally." I look at him with a 'confused' expression this time. "Can I look?" I ask. He looks at me for a minute and looks me straight(not) in the eye and says, "Why?" ................. WELP! I was not expecting him to say that! 'It's okay Cipher just roll with it. It will all be fine.' "I just want to make sure everything's okay. It shouldn't burn." He looked me up and down as if he was seeing if I was a good enough boyfriend for his best friend. Finally, he leans back and sighs, "Fine, but make it quick... AND!... no making fun of me." 'He mumbled the last part where I had to strain to hear him over the sound of my mental celebration of getting to see his forehead' Wow, that sounds really creepy now that I mentally say that... oh well, I'm always creepy. I approach him and lift his bangs off his head to reveal a big dipper constellation. 

I was right... should I be happy or scared of what's to come?

Dipper POV (read until the end it mentions something else in the story)

I was waiting for Bill to tell me what he was so determined about but it seems like he feels like having a conversation with whatever voices there are in his head and leaving me out.  "So... Pinetree..." Oh! look he's finally talking to me, hooray!~ 'Note the sarcasm there' "What?" 'At this point, I just want to be done with this lesson if he's just going to talk to himself.' I look up to my forehead thinking about the burning earlier until Bill speaks, "Hey, Pinetree, everything okay?" What is he talking about? Do I look worried or something? I must look bored. "Well, my mentor is taking forever to... you know... mentor" This lesson wouldn't be so bad If he would just teach me. "I meant your forehead dumbass." Oh yeah, I was looking at my forehead earlier, I guess I did look worried, "Oh... well, when I was saying the spell I felt a bit of a burning sensation in my forehead. I was worried I set it on fire accidentally." He looked at me looking a bit worried, He really shouldn't be. "Can I look?" Now that caught me off guard, "Why?" He looks as if he's trying to come up with a reason and quick, 'That's kinda suspicious', "I just want to make sure everything's okay. It shouldn't burn."  "Fine, but make it quick... AND!... no making fun of me." He walks over to me and looks at my head before lifting my bangs off of my face. He looks at it and his face shows an array of different emotions on it, going from cautious, to almost happy, to worried, and another I can't quite name. He looks at me, lets go of my bangs and takes a step back. He has a blank face now as he raises his hand to his chin and furrows his brows. He begins to speak with a cautious tone, "Okay Pinetree, You probably won't believe me but... you shouldn't have been able to do that magic yet, and you were right your forehead wasn't supposed to burn like that. The truth is, that birthmark of yours is not just a birthmark." 'Okay... now I can't tell if he'stelling the truth or just teasing me. "Care to explain?" I ask, trying to look for any sign that he might be lying to me. He starts to speak again, "Normal humans, in general, can't do magic in the first place. It runs in your blood and since you are related to sixer you can do magic. However, even humans who can do magic can't do much; they are barely able to do the simplest magic. Now earlier I lied to you about fire magic being the easiest because I wanted to see you fail, so I could get back at you for kicking me. I was expecting you to fail and be disappointed and then I would teach you properly." Okay so far it doesn't sound like a lie, but..., "If that's how it is, then how did I do that magic?" I had to ask, it's the only piece of the puzzle he hasn't explained. "Well, that's why I had to see your forehead, to be sure. That birthmark is the symbol for the 'Filius de Stellae' or in your language, child of the stars. You probably won't believe this but the chances of you having that birthmark by chance are slim to none." Oh no...

To Be Continued...

Hey, it's me again and I'm sorry this took so long I'll try to get the next chapters out faster but I can't make any promises with the new book coming out. Until next time.