Chapter 1 until death. Do you part.

I have a really good life. Well, had, is more like it. Sure i had arguments with my parents but really, what teenager doesn't. And yeah, i was a therapist for friends and i discovered guys are jerks. A relationship in high school has next to a zero percent chance of lasting. I just, wish i hadn't taken it all for granted. If i could re do, everything i would. I just want everything to be normal again. But, i guess when your alone, even normal, isnt normal.

💬

Black roses. They used black roses at my funeral. They were always my favorite, I'm glad they remembered. Mom was crying, and my dad was too. They buried me under the tree i loved in the cemetery. Yes i had my funeral planned. The music, colors, what i would wear everything. But i was never a normal kid. I always have been fascinated by death. It was pretty ironic, i mean what nerd plans everything, Down to the smallest detail. I did. I was glad now.

I looked at what they put in the coffin with me and studied my hair. They had everything right. From the black fingerless gloves that went to my elbow, to the auburn french twist that whoever did my hair somehow got my mop into. My diary was there, so was my sketch pad. I smiled. They had everything right.

As soon as the service was over i went to my job. Yes the dead have jobs. Well, some of us. I have been given a second chance, to watch over someone. I honestly don't know why. What good is a ghost. Eh, i guess we'll see when i get there right?

💬

"Come on man you can do better than that!" I looked in the window at two people playing Mario cart. I didn't know which one i was supposed to watch over. One was a girl, maybe my age maybe a little younger. She was so energetic. Her eyes looked like sparkling emeralds, she already had laugh lines around the corners of her mouth and eyes and just looked so, full of life.

The other was a boy. He was much more serious looking. He had thick red hair that looked as if a dog found a new chew toy, and his eyes were dull. Less like precious gems and more like, water. It was easy to tell they used to be full of life, that once there were sapphires in place of the drab murky water that lay there now.

I went into the room as they finished there game. One good thing about being dead, you don't have to knock. The girl looked right at me. I smiled and waved, when she didn't respond i looked behind me. A clock was siting on the dresser facing them.

"I have to go to gymnastics now. See ya bro." The girl hugged him and left.

The boy - whose name i didnt know - sat down on his bed and threw his socks and jacket onto the ground. He then proceeded to push everything off of his bed into a massive heap of dirty laundry, papers, homework and what i pray is not a new type of bacteria. My god are all boys like that?

I cleared my throat.

He looked over and screamed then fell into the pile of junk. "What the hell? Who are you why are you in my room? Im just imagining it. Why would a 14 year old girl be in my room."

"I am 16! You disgusting jerk!" I don't care if i look fourteen! I am sixteen and he is a rude moron!

"Who are you!"

"Just for your rudeness i wont tell you!" Honestly, i didn't know. When you die, if you are chosen to help you get a new name.

"Then get out of my room." I got mad. I mean. Mad. As in paranormal activity got nothin on me. Things began to float around the room in a whirl wind. My normally red hair almost looked like a flame in the wind. He looked scared.