How they first met you

Luffy

It was a bright day of spring, the flowers blossoming and the fine breeze of the ocean passing along the people walking and running towards the bright turquoise beach (Island Name) had to offer with its splendid view of the ocean, the deep, deep o...

It was a bright day of spring, the flowers blossoming and the fine breeze of the ocean passing along the people walking and running towards the bright turquoise beach (Island Name) had to offer with its splendid view of the ocean, the deep, deep ocean.

Luffy and his crew has docked the ship in (Island Name) to rest and get the supplies needed. Today, just this once, Nami thought it was a nice idea to have Luffy going in town with her and Franky. Why ? Because he was way too dynamic to stay on the ship all day long, especially today. He kept on laughing and yelling saying that something amazing and life-changing will happen today, and when asked "Why do you think that ?", he just laughed in his corner.

When they got down, Luffy immediately started to explore the town that was so close to the beach, the architecture mixed between tiny and intriguing fisherman cabins on one side and modern houses on the other. He decided to run for the beach, ignoring the fact that he caused a ruckus that gained the attention of a Marine officer that was happily enjoying his day before his arrival.

He excitedly ran to the beach, ignoring the yells of the people he accidentally bumped into, that's when, when he arrived, he did not notice he bumped into you, making you fall into the ocean.

Problem is : you cannot swim. Damnit.

You started to yell and wave your arms around, exactly something that is not advised in those situations, but how could you control it ? People started to gather around, especially the Marine officer who was getting closer to the scene where Luffy sat.

You thought you were done and left to die when rubbish arms centered your waist and lift you out of the water, your (favorite color) t-shirt completely soaked with your shiny (hair color) hair forming drops onto the fabric.

" - Sorry !!!! I was in a hurry, I wanted to see the beach here !!! I hope I did not scare you !!!" the guy holding you said, a warm smile forming onto his face, definitely dissuading you from slapping the hell out of him. Still trapped into his arms, you replied :

" - It's fine, as long as you saved me, Strawhat Luffy !

- Oh !!!! How do you know my name ??? Are you a medium ????

- No but you're-

- OH MY GOD, you can't swim because you ate a demon fruit that gave you the power of a psychic !!! That's amazing !!!" he said, cutting you with stars in his eyes, still not letting go of your figure.

You tried stopping his excitement when the Marine officer got very closer to you two, that's when Luffy said :

" - You know what ? You're too cool for me to not make you apart of my crew !! Come with me !!

- Wait-"

Before you could argue, he just ran with you in his arms, laughing like crazy towards the ship. Man, that was the promise of a funny adventure.