Chapter Five - Older Me (14 - 15)

HighSchool.

Near the end of year 7 was when I met my good friends, Blake and Luke. We have been friends for about two years. Before I met Blake he was friends with Clyde, Jev and Bailey. As you can guess they weren't that good friends and didn't understand why he was either so timid or outgoing. He was better away from other people rather then with them. Until he met us.

When Blake was around us he was extremely cocky and confident, but around Clyde, Jev and Bailey he was shy and timid, not daring to speak unless he was spoken to.

Luke and I had known each other since Primary, but had never spoken to each other. When we finally did we become great friends.

I remember one day in particular. It was a Monday. We were sitting there waiting for our buses to arrive at the school to take us home.

Blake was playing with a stick and digging up dirt with it. Luke was listening to music with his earphones. He only had one earphone in his ear. The right one. I could hear his music slightly and I wanted to know what he was listening to but I couldn't be bothered to ask him.

"What are you listening to?" Blake asked as he flicked up some more dirt.

"Even Flow by Pearl Jam." Luke replied.

"Why aren't I listening to it as well?" I asked.

"Because," Luke replied, "but this also brings up the question of, have you been laid yet?"

"You know the answer to that," I replied throwing a stick at his face, "what about you? Huh?"

"Of course."

"You guys are man whores." Blake laughed.

"What about you huh? Have YOU had sex?" I asked pointing a shaky finger at him.

"Of course I have."

Both of us just starred at him. Why hadn't he said something before hand?

"Who was it?" Luke asked.

"I'm not telling." He replied smiling at the ground, still playing with the stick in the ground. He must have been remembering the lustful night.

"Come on," I begged, "tell us."

"No," he replied, "I'm not going to."

"Fine then," I replied, "but because you're not telling us that must mean it was Andrea or Bobbie."

"No! God no."

"Katie?" Luke asked.

"Obviously not! She is like a sister to me."

"Who then? Cause that's all the sluts." I said.

"You don't even know her."

"Then why can't you just tell us?" I asked.

"Because. I didn't even tell you guys that I have a girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. Her name is Bonnie."

"Bonnie huh?"

"Yes."

Luke looked at Blake before he unplugged his earphones and played a certain song that Blake hated. 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams.

"Turn that shit off."

"No." Luke replied.

"Please?"

"Nope. Cause I'm haaaapppyyyy!" Luke replied in a very high pitched voice.

"You're an idiot." I replied.

"At least I don't see unicorns." Luke snapped.

"You did once." I reminded.

"That was once."

"That was funny." Blake replied.

"No. It wasn't."

"When you're high you are so funny." I replied.

"Fuck off." Luke replied.

"Aww come on."

"Yeah Luke. What happened to, 'I'm happy'?" Blake asked.

"It ran away." Luke replied turning off the song and shoving his phone in his pocket.

"Luke come on. It was funny." I said.

"Half the shit you do is worse," Luke replied, "and it wasn't funny."

"You're right. It wasn't funny," Blake replied with a cheeky smile, "it was hilarious."

"Guys, please. Can we not talk about it? Like ever again?" Luke asked with a sad tone to his voice.

"Come on Luke. You thought you were patting a unicorn, I'm gonna have to bring that up again." I replied with a laugh.

"No you won't. Cause we aren't gonna talk about it."

"Fine. Mr. I Don't See Unicorns When I'm High."

Luke rolled his eyes then placed his earphones into his ears and plugged them into his phone.