Chapter Two- The Arts

"Are you sure your ready?" My mom asked me. "Yeah. Let me do this, its my dream. " I got out of the car and walked into the performing arts school. I looked at the main hallway. There were dancers, singers, people playing instruments. It was amazing. I stopped abruptly at the group of actors with scripts walking by me. I stared at them, amazed and then I fell. I know what your thinking, really carmen really? But in my defence, the thing I ran into was hard, and unexpected. "Hey, let me help ya," the boy picked up my script and helped me off the ground. He held out his hand, "Beck. Yours?" I shook it, "Carmen." "Pretty. Where ya headed Carmen?" I looked at my script before answering ," Mr. Hopes. I'm suppose to audition for the play." "Come on. Follow me. I'm headed that way," he led me through the hallways until we reach the auditorium. I walked in awe of the huge stage. It was amazing. "Mr. Hopes!" beck called out. Mr. Hopes turned. "Ahh! Carmen! So great you could join us! Everybody! This is Carmen, the girl with no script. This is the girl I was telling you all about. Say hi Carmen. " I waved. "Hello, I'm Carmen." They echoed back, hi Carmen. "And action!" I turned, to see the scene play out in front of me. The scene where gaston stabbed the beast and the beast 'dies' in my arms. "Beast!" I called out. He fell to the ground. I cupped his face, tears streaming down my face. "Please don't leave me. Please. I need you. I love you," I cried on his chest. "Cut!" I got up and wiped my face in the mirror. "That was an actor without an script. That is an actor who knows her lines. Carmen, do you ever use your script." "no sir. Never. A good actor should know his or her lines always. And should always be prepared for any situation. " Mr. Hopes pointed to me. "This is what we are looking for! Carmen you got the part. Welcome to the arts," I froze. I got in. Omigosh! I could just kiss somebody right now. I squealed and started jumping up and down. I'm so happy. I finally made my dream. "Hey! you! You got my part! How do you feel? " A girl stalked towards me with a menacing look on her face. Oh no.