1

Quiet.

Stillness.

The sound of melting snow slowly creeps up against the worn out cement walls of the broken balcony.

The sight before him could be described as peaceful; harmonious with the gentle sounds nature has blessed people with. It has blessed Simon and many of his friends who are now people too.

Too.

The day had come. Markus, North, Josh, and himself had finally found freedom for their people. It was a devastating time, a very trying time for everyone involved. Suffering, pain, heartbreak, destruction, everything inbetween had happened during the war on Android's and Simon couldn't help but feel guilty about it.

Guilt.

Guilt is such an ugly feeling for anybody capable of feeling. The raw strength that guilt has on a person, the incredible pull it can have and control the person with.. is just absolutely insane. The many actions of murder, robbery, torture, and greed leaves guilt on everybody whether you're the perpetrator or not. Those who are truly guilty deserve the equal treatment of their crimes, but what about the ones who are empathetic and take on the emotions for someone else? How about a group of people? What does that do to a person exactly?

Simon should be happy. Afterall, he and his friends risked their lives for this peaceful moment he is engulfed in. But, the sight of humanity and Android's perishing because of each other's hands has left a bitter stain in his memory system.

Death is not beautiful. Hate is not right. War.. war is selfish.

But, why must he feel so negative toward everybody?

Grasping the cold, metal bar connected to the cement walls, Simon stood in the middle of the balcony, his eyes wandering around Detroit's calm scenery. Simon's thoughts ran rampant as his eyes fluttered from one area to the other, snow just falling ever so lightly onto his skin, leaving small water droplets to form and eventually run down his cold face and off of his chin. Even though he is just an Android and can't feel the coldness of the Earth, his skin still reacted the same way as a humans and had a slight blue and red hue to it, giving insight to the surrounding temperature.

Winter was slowly turning into spring. Beautiful flowers were just now appearing through the snows melting blanket. It had been a few months since the revolution and many Android's had grown accustomed to their new, free life. Unlike Simon, his friends were happier than ever. They were free! They were able to interact with humans without hesitation. Even with such a big change, many humans were fond with Android's rather quickly. They've found common ground on a lot of things and jobs were actually starting to come up again.

Instead of giant machines being operated by Android's, humans regained their place in the factory setting and started to help produce solar energy. 

Instead of Android's acting as waiters, humans were able to apply for those jobs again and cater to both species.

Of course, Android's still hold manual jobs, and even some office jobs to increase work statistics and time. Not too long ago, Josh decided to try his time at a local college nearby. He figured since that was what he was made for back in the past, he could give it at least one shot.

His application is being reviewed and he's heavily excited to join society.

North on the other hand still struggles with her feelings with humans. Simon has tried countless times to console her, but with her brash and angry nature, it was a sorrowful fail for Simon.

North had grown angry and started taking her anger out on Simon. She began throwing chairs and lamps against the walls and screaming her hatred for humans beyond what her audio system could comprehend. All Simon could do was to stand there and watch his friend succumb to agony. His eyes dark and hooded, he felt like a failure. He couldn't do the one thing he was programmed to do and that was to take care of others. To bring happiness.