THE MINDSET

Identical twins who shared the same experiences in their formative years will not always end up with the same level of achievement. One may achieve success with happiness and the other may become unsuccessful and unhappy. The reason people turn out differently is because of their mindset.

Your mindset influences the decisions you make and how you respond to circumstances. How you respond to the circumstances can bring you to the brink of success and happiness or leave you drowning in failure.

Everyone measures success differently. What someone sees as the pinnacle of life, someone else could see as their nightmare. Some measure success by the money they have made while others measure it by the impact they have made in the lives of others. The metric for success to some, is fame while to others, it's how happy they are. So I am not here to give an objective definition for success.

Success, from my point of view, is achieved when you become the best version of yourself such that when you compare who you are now with who you were 10 years ago, you are happy with who you are now. It is when you have become the person you want to be such that you would no longer want to trade your life with anyone else's. It is the result of small daily actions repeated over extended periods of time that slowly moves the needle in the right direction. When successful people look back at their lives, the reason why they made it is their ability to overcome the instinct of quitting.

Happiness, on the other hand, occurs when your expectations meet your reality. It occurs when you love what you are doing and the life you are living. It is your attitude towards life. Some people are pursuing happiness like it's one of those ice cream trucks that just passed them by and doesn't seem like its stopping anytime soon. Some people try to find happiness through money but no paper is going to bring it to you. Some try to find it through success but they come up empty. Some people expect others to make them happy but that's complete nonsense because happiness comes from within.

Before you reach out for your pitch forks and torches, allow me to explain. You already have everything some people only dream of having. The choice to be happy comes from being grateful for what you already have. At the end of every day, write down things you are grateful for in your journal. By the end of the week, read your journal to remind yourself of the blessings you had throughout the week. When this feeling of gratitude rushes through your body every day, your entire outlook on life changes. Your goals become even more attainable because you have already won the crown of happiness.

Life is a book. Some chapters are exciting, others are sad. But if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter holds.

Let's delve into the mindset that when you develop will lead to success with happiness;

Available On Amazon