My best friend

A few years later note:  I came back three years later and rewrote this. I hope you enjoy.

Shout out to @haleyhastings6 for the story idea 

*after the events of nothing but truffle* 

Mikey walked in the front door five minutes before curfew, so he was on time. He continued to walk through the living room. Raph noticed his presence first. "Hey Mikey," He started. "How was too holy living baloney! What happened to you?" "oh, yea." Mikey said, "I had a little run-in with meat sweats" rubbing the back of his head Raph looked at him in a protective mode "lab now!" " W-what?" Mikey asked. Raph grabbed him by the mask and drugged him towards Donnie s lab. Leo and Donnie were in the lab already. Leo was just the annoying brother he was. Raph opened the door. "hey guys, what's up?" Donnie said before seeing Mikey. "Holy cow! Mikey, what happened?" Leo looked up at Mikey and gasped "He had a run-in with meat sweats, "Raph said, "Don't worry, baby bro, let's get you patched up. "They helped Mikey get patched up, and soon it was bedtime. Leo stayed up a while watching his weird anime stuff. He soon put his stuff away and started setting his pillows where he liked them. As soon as he finished, he heard a knock on his door. He opened it up to see Mikey. He would always get mad at Rap h and Donnie for disturbing him, but he always had the heart to talk to Mikey. He was his only baby brother, so he was protective and loving toward Mikey. Master splinter said once that he and Mikey had the best relationship on the team. "Hi Mikey, are you feeling ok?" Leo asked."Yeah, but....""Another nightmare again?" Leo asked "Well, yes and no." "Come on," Leo said. He led Mikey to the bed, and they both lay down. "So what's up, little bro?" Leo asked "Well," Mikey started. "It's about today. It was more than just a run-in."Leo listened to Mikey carefully as he told him everything that had happened. He started crying when he found out meat Sweat was faking it all along. Leo got angry when he heard meat sweats used him for dangerous things.When Mikey finished, he was full-on sobbing. "Shhh. It's ok, baby bro. Leo started. "It's all over now," he hugged Mikey. His younger brother hugged back and buried his face in Leo's plastron. Leo scooted Mikey upwards a little more until Mikey had his head in Leo s chest right where his heartbeat was. "That meat sweats didn't deserve you anyways," he said. "You're too good for him." Mikey dried his eyes. "Really?" He asked"Really," Leo said. Mikey smiled and cuddled Leo." besides, you're already my best friend." Mikey smiled "you're my best friend too, Leo," Mikey said back. Leo smiled and sang a Lula bye. "Close your eyes. The sun is going downYou'll be alright. No one will hurt you now. Come morning, light, you and I'll be safe and sound." Mikey fell asleep to Leo s Lulabye and listened to his heartbeat. Leo fell asleep as well.*a few days later*"Well, we meet again, small one." meat Sweat said, approaching Mikey. Mikey looked down, remembering the incident. Raph and Donnie looked at each other, confused, but Leo got angry and took his sword and started smacking meat sweats over the head with it. Furious, Meat's sweat ran off. "And stay away from my little brother, you oversized Christmas ham!" Leo called, "If I hear of you hurting him again, I'll teleport you to new jersey!" "Geez, Leo, we are all mad." Raph said, "But still, that was kinda overreactive." "I don't care; he hurt my brother," Leo said. Mikey smiled. "Come on, let's go home. It's almost curfew." They went home and just went to bed. On the way to bed, Leo passed Mikey "Leo?""Yea?"Thanks "Any time, baby brother."