Wildest Dreams

It was a beautiful sunny day; the breeze was gently pushing my hair back. He pulled me with him towards the woods, we kept on running it felt like eternity but nothing could replace the feeling of holding his hands, feeling his warmth. Suddenly I heard the rustling of the leaves behind me; it felt like somebody was screaming for help, a sound so familiar that it instantly stopped all reflexes. I turned around but there was nobody. The warmth in my hand was slowly disappearing... I looked for him, but he was nowhere. But then I heard some gun shots deep in the woods. Hesitant as I was, my feet unconsciously dragged me to the source of the sound. I saw my dad wrapped in a pool of blood while my mom screaming for help. I rush towards my mom, and hug her tightly, she seemed to calm down but suddenly she started to push me away.

“Go away from here! Run! Save your life!” Mom said whisper shouting as my grip on her tightened.

“Mom… I am not going to let go. Tell me what happened. I will help you…”

“He will kill you! He will kill you!”

“Who?!”

“He is also going to kill you! Run Sohrin. Please liste---”

Her grip on me loosened, her body dropped on me. I could feel a warm liquid oozing out.

“Mom? Mom? MOM?! TALK TO ME!!”

When I looked up I saw someone wearing all black with a black mask on, the monster of my dreams. He had a gun in his hands, and was slowly pointing it towards me. I gathered all the strength I had, and started to rush to save myself. I could hear him trigger the gun, and then I heard a gun shot. I froze at one spot but I could feel nothing. I turned around and saw that the person who disappeared in the woods had taken the gun shots for me. I kneel down and see him dead on the floor. The killer was slowly approaching me with the gun in his hands and a smirk on his face. He was ready to shoot me… he lifted the gun and pointed it to my forehead. I closed my eyes in the anticipation to death and he pulled the trigger…

I suddenly woke up from my dream. I looked at the time 6:00 a.m.

I took a sigh of relief.

“Oh. It was just a nightmare. It has been haunting me ever since that day” I said as I stroke my head with my hand to reduce the pain on my forehead. I went downstairs to grab a glass of water, which might help me calm down. When I was about to go upstairs, I felt someone watching me. The shadows lingered along the walls of the kitchen. I marched towards it.

“Who is there?” 

I swirled the curtain to reveal the intruder.

No one?

 But there was someone here…well, I guess my imaginative powers taking troll over my subconscious. So why not give a comfy bed to the dreams. I was ready to go back into my dream world, when suddenly someone grabbed by wrist and a big hand covered my mouth. I tried to scream I could feel his hot breath next to my ear.

“Shhh babygirl, you don't wanna scream yet.”